LV Small Loop Purse

lana2gkids

Dec 28, 2006
I bought a LV small loop purse in April 2003 and the flap has started splitting along with a checkbook cover and a clutch. I was told that the guarantee was only good for 2 years.

I treated my bag with leather cleaner and polish at least once a month. I was told today that I would have to pay to have it repaired. The cost was not discussed with me but was told they had to look at it to see what it would cost. I spent $575 for the purse, $375 for the clutch and $175 for the checkbook cover. I find this totally unacceptable due to the cost of the purse. I belive they should stand behind their purses.

Thank you for allowing me to vent.

wow, i've seen bags that are like 20 years old and even they are splitting! Could it be from putting that cleaner/moisturizer on them? After all, the canvas doesn't need to be moisturized...

Sorry to hear about your purse.:sad: I wouldn't expect cracks in something that's only about three years old so I would be really peeved.
I'm no expert but I don't think the moisture treatment would cause it to crack??:shrugs:

Sorry to hear your bag has problems.

Given that this is coated canvas, I wonder if the leather cleaner and polish caused problems. Treating it "At least once a month" is a lot! Could be with time the cleaner deteriorated the plastic coating on the canvas.

The canvas part of a monogram bag does not need any treatment at all (well perhaps a damp washcloth now and then to clean off any spills, etc.).