LV Side Trunk?

I sold my OTG MM tote to get this bag. The OTG tote was my Monday work bag (to bring all my goodies for the week) but have been using a World Tour Neverfull with my initials I was able to snag oh Fashionphile. I havent even seen this bag in person but have devoured it on You Tube. I find it really hard to spend this kind of money on a bag, but it’s been months and I still get that giddy smile when I see this bag. It’s the perfect size for me. It’s casual and fits my lifestyle. I do NOT take precautions with my bags, I’m pretty rough with them and this bag I feel will only get better with it beaten up and weathered. I CAN NOT WAIT!

I get to pick her up tomorrow.

I am excited to see your pictures.

Reactions: JoesGirl
I have the mono side trunk and love it. It is equally as special as the leather imo, and is classic. I don't care about what's more widely available...there could be 1k that haven't been purchased and I'd choose the mono again. I think we tend to get a bit caught up in exclusivity.
I think so too! I think we should buy what we like, what works for our lifestyles than what's exclusive on the market. Monogram looks more beautiful IMO and I would choose monogram over leather any day.

I think so too! I think we should buy what we like, what works for our lifestyles than what's exclusive on the market. Monogram looks more beautiful IMO and I would choose monogram over leather any day.
This is exactly why I’ve stopped purchasing in general. I prefer monogram. I love the side trunk but it’s too small for me, I fear. I’d have to redo my wallet, etc.

Did you get the side trunk? Is it easy to get stuff in and out? I don’t know if the zipper pull is going to be difficult …
I did and I LOVVVVVVE it! Right now cost per wear is $950. LOL! But it’ll go down. My Palm Springs Mini is $12.84. As for the pull tab, I love it. I think it would be hard to get in and out of without it. I find the Pouchette Metis harder to get into. The item I reach for the most is my key pouch. I find it sinks to the bottom. So I can never find it. But now that I’ve learned it sinks to the bottom, I look for it there and can find it right away. I will say I never zip it and lock it. I leave it open for easy access. It holds everything I carry regularly and feel this in my most loved bag.

I did and I LOVVVVVVE it! Right now cost per wear is $950. LOL! But it’ll go down. My Palm Springs Mini is $12.84. As for the pull tab, I love it. I think it would be hard to get in and out of without it. I find the Pouchette Metis harder to get into. The item I reach for the most is my key pouch. I find it sinks to the bottom. So I can never find it. But now that I’ve learned it sinks to the bottom, I look for it there and can find it right away. I will say I never zip it and lock it. I leave it open for easy access. It holds everything I carry regularly and feel this in my most loved bag.
Thank you for the feedback and congrats on the side trunk!!!!

Reactions: JoesGirl
Hello everyone! Your bags are all so beautiful! :heart:
Yesterday I was finally able to take my side trunk with me! It's so lightweight, fits everything I need, casual and yet chic. I love it already!! :love:

View attachment 5790224

View attachment 5790225

View attachment 5790226

View attachment 5790227
So beautiful! I think the monogram version is my favourite among the side trunks. Very classic trunk look.

Three other side trunks that I checked out today, monoglam, debossed black leather and a brown leather that looks plain but feels very luxe. Brown leather version has full metal brackets all around instead of just the corners, which makes it significantly heavier.
PXL_20230526_085629271.jpg

Last edited:
So beautiful! I think the monogram version is my favourite among the side trunks. Very classic trunk look.

Three other side trunks that I checked out today, monoglam, debossed black leather and a brown leather that looks plain but feels very luxe. Brown leather version has full metal brackets all around instead of just the corners, which makes it significantly heavier.
View attachment 5790271
The brown with full gold hardware is Millesime Leather? It's one I haven't seen yet, looks very nice.