LV shopping rant

sparkle12

Dec 13, 2011
I’ve been stalking the LV website for a week now for a couple of game on pieces which are always unavailable to purchase online. I’ve used the ‘find in store’ option and at least twice the item I want has shown as available in a store. In the past I’ve always been able to call that store and purchase the item I’m interested in and have it shipped to my door. Now my calls are sent to a central call center, and I’m told the only option is to go to the store and try to purchase directly. This isn’t realistic as these stores are usually thousands of miles away, and even if I go there’s no guarantee the item will be there as they won’t confirm they have it or hold. Just a little frustrating, I would think that with the covid restrictions they would want less people going in person and make it easier for people to buy from stores directly via phone like they always did in the past.

I don’t have SA’s in these stores as the things I’m looking for are randomly popping up around the county in stores I don’t usually go to.

If anyone has tips please let me know, or if you’ve had similar experiences would love to hear that too so we can commiserate together :smile:

Reactions: Prettyinpnknwht
If you're in the US, calling a LV store and being re-routed to the call center has been around for at least a year now. Boutiques in department stores, and sometimes stores in a mall, are the exception. You just call the main line for that department store/mall and then ask to be forwarded to LV.

Which game on pieces are you interested in?

Reactions: mocktail
I have found most of my Game On wishlist items using the store location search. If I saw something in stock, I would call and was often told the item may be in their inventory but is most likely pending review by management for waitlists. If an item is not waitlisted or if a waitlisted client is unresponsive, then you may be able to purchase.
I was persistent with one location and CA, and after my third call was successful in purchasing an item and having it shipped same day. Don’t give up and try building a relationship over the phone with a department store boutique CA per the previously recommended workaround. Macy’s and Saks in NY get restocks daily.

• Love
Reactions: Prettyinpnknwht