Lv shoes: Do you buy them?

Sabella

Sep 27, 2010
Hello TPFs,

Every time I decide to buy LV shoes, I change my mind and buy something else. I looove shoes, but I can't seem to bring myself to give up even one purse for a pair of shoes. Am I the only one who feels this way? :shrugs:

How often do you buy LV shoes?
What would you recommend for a university professor in her late 30s? Comfort here is a big factor.

Your responses are greatly appreciated.

I love shoes but am not sure about LV. I've tried some nice heels but they were uncomfortable. I wouldn't buy them even though they are soooo nice.
Not sure about flats, they might be more comfy and what you're looking for.

I have 2 pairs, which is nothing compared to some of the other members on here. I love their shoes. I think it's hot to be walking down the street or whatever with a bag and a pair of shoes. To me that shows true love for the brand. I recently started dabbling in their clothes too. Their clothes amazing!

PLEASE get a pair of shoes. You will not regret it. Make sure they are comfortable and suit you to a T.

I like their designs but I'd rather spend it on a brand that is renowned for their shoes such as Christian Louboutin. It's not to say I doubt LVs, it's just I find it's more investment for my money to spend on designers who are renowned for their footwear, similar to LV is renowned for their luggage and bags.

I have always, always loved the bags, SLGs and more recently a bag charm or two (OK, I have 3 now!). I have not ventured into the world of the LV shoes, I think mainly because I've always been a handbag girl, much more than a shoe girl, but I do love shoes and boots, but I think never wanted to spend quite as much on them based on the places I go, including where I work. There are no shoes at my LV Boutique here at Saks so I'd never really get to see them in person or try them on, and I'm sometimes a difficult size (6N) which makes it more difficult. So I stick with the bags!

I have over 20 pairs of LV shoes and I have received compliments off every single one!

what ONE bag are you looking at that would be the equivalent of a pair of LV shoes? Or vice versa.. because I could get 4-5 pairs of LV shoes that I like for $2400-$3000 and any where in between

I have over 20 pairs of LV shoes and I have received compliments off every single one!

what ONE bag are you looking at that would be the equivalent of a pair of LV shoes? Or vice versa.. because I could get 4-5 pairs of LV shoes that I like for $2400-$3000 and any where in between

Do you find them comfortable?
I meant that I would rather put the money toward a purse rather than buy a pair of shoes.

This guy thinks LV shoes are very nice, but somehow I have fallen into the pattern of LV for bags, and Bottega Veneta for shoes and boots...nothing, and I mean NOTHING is nicer and more well made then a pair of BV shoes!!!

I like their designs but I'd rather spend it on a brand that is renowned for their shoes such as Christian Louboutin. It's not to say I doubt LVs, it's just I find it's more investment for my money to spend on designers who are renowned for their footwear, similar to LV is renowned for their luggage and bags.

Totally agree with this!

This guy thinks LV shoes are very nice, but somehow I have fallen into the pattern of LV for bags, and Bottega Veneta for shoes and boots...nothing, and I mean NOTHING is nicer and more well made then a pair of BV shoes!!!

I should try BV shoes then. So far, I shopped at a local store that sells gorgeous and comfy Italian shoes, starting at $200 (non of the famous brand names though). But, I am looking for a change and considering LV, CL and now BV. Thanks!

I have several pairs of LV boots, wedges and heels and find them all quite comfortable. I agree its hard to spend that type of $$ on shoes but I think its worth it. Plus the resale is great when you get sick of them! :biggrin: