LV sells fakes??!!

twinkerbell1986

~LV <3er~
Apr 19, 2007
Hello all,
Just wanted to share my nightmare of a day to you all. So about two weeks ago, I finally saved up to make my first LV purchase. I met with fellow TPFers at the monthly meet at South Coast Plaza in Orange country, CA. I got the Damier Ebene Speedy 30 with all the ladies help and went home as happy as I can be. Once I got home and looked at the bag closely, I realized that the Damier pattern was kind of crooked. So I posted a thread on here asking everyone for advice to see what I should do. Everyone suggested that I should take the bag back and get one with better patterning. Betsy is the organizer for LA's monthly TPF meet. I asked Betsy the same question and she suggested that I bring the bag in two weeks to the Rodeo drive meet.
On the day of the Rodeo drive meet, I brought my Speedy along to the LV store. I walked in and told the SA about the patterning and that I would like to exchange it for a better one. She took the bag to the back and came back a couple of minutes later with the leather goods assistant manager XXX. XXX told me that my speedy is a fake! I was totally in shock! How could my speedy that I just bought from the LV store be a fake??!!! I bought the bag from the actual LV store because I am terrified of getting a fake from elsewhere. And now this guy is telling me that my bag is fake?? He won't tell me why it is but strongly insisted that I go back to South Coast Plaza and talk to them about it. He said he can't help me and won't. All he said was that he was sorry and that what might have happened was that SCP took in a return and didn't fully check it and re-sold it to me. I'm like okay but that doesn't solve my situation!

So long story short...Betsy and fellow TPFers went with me to the Century City LV and helped me get another Speedy without the drama of the Rodeo LV.

GRRRRRRRRRRR...I can't believe that happened to me!

After talking to fellow TPFer, she said that her friends from Hong Kong went to the Rodeo LV store and brought a bunch of bags and tried to exchange one of them the next day because she didn't like how the size looked on her but they told her no. Whatever happened to the 14 day return and 30 day exchange policy? They believe that they were discriminated against since they are Asian.

I am Asian as well and I think I was treated that way because of discrimination. Please note that the SA and assistant manger is both Caucasian.

I understand that Asia produces a lot of fakes but please don't discriminate against me for that!

I work hard for my money and it hurts to be treated like that when I am treating myself to something I truly deserve.

Thanks for reading my rant.

ETA: OP, I have to edit out the name as he's not here to defend himself. Sorry for what happened.

ETA: Update. Please read post #110. Speedy is not fake. Lee69

Last edited by a moderator:
That's terrible but I'm really glad that you got everything worked out!
It's really terrible for them to discriminate because of race... I wonder if it's simply because they've gotten fakes returned before?

I don't know how credible this is but a few years ago, my mom told me that she read in the newspaper about how Grade A fakes were being exchanged with the real bags in China. I didn't really believe her, but after reading this post, I guess it can happen.
SAs are people and its possible to make mistakes or overlook things when doing returns..
I am Asian too, and I totally understand what you mean about the discrimination we get towards us about fakes sometimes. ><

I am so sorry that something like this happened to you, it really stinks. I am glad that you and your tpf friends were able to go back to the original store and get an authentic speedy for you! Hopefully race wasn't an issue, hopefully they just needed the fake purse to go back to the store that it was purchased from, but I am sorry you had to run around to get an authentic bag.......something you should have gotten in the first place! Enjoy your new damier speedy!

Omg! This is a horribly sad story! I feel so bad for you, first they sold you a fake bag now you'll probably be scared to shop there again. Then, they didn't want to take your return but I can understand I think it does have to be returned at the boutique you bought it from. And for feeling discriminated I know the feeling because I'm covered in tattos some boutique SA look at me funny like I'm going to steal lol or just window shop like I couldn't possibly afford a bag till my hubby whips out his ATM card lol oh then their all nice I do like the rodeo dr one however I cannot believe they acted like that I have been there before but maybe their used to ratted celebrities and were cool with us ?? My husband looks like he's in a drummer with his tattos we just have good jobs. Anyways off track glad you got to return it in the end. And it's your money your spending people should be more nice their getting paid to treat us well Its called Customer Service :smile: Hope you feel better! Post pics if your bag.

Wow! That's horrible! A fake in an LV store??? Are they nuts? You should have made a scene in the store, telling the manager you were going to contest the charge with your cc company and report them to the BBB - minimum! I still can't believe it...Good for you you got it exchanged. Hopefully they have apologized profusely and perhaps give you a courtesy gift!

That is terrible! I'm sorry you had such a bad experience, it isn't right to discriminate against anyone, for any reason!

If it makes you feel better, I had a Speedy 40 with a crooked print... but didn't notice until after a month that it was so bad.

I'm glad you got a new one though! I hope you really enjoy it :smile:

Hello all,
Just wanted to share my nightmare of a day to you all. So about two weeks ago, I finally saved up to make my first LV purchase. I met with fellow TPFers at the monthly meet at South Coast Plaza in Orange country, CA. I got the Damier Ebene Speedy 30 with all the ladies help and went home as happy as I can be. Once I got home and looked at the bag closely, I realized that the Damier pattern was kind of crooked. So I posted a thread on here asking everyone for advice to see what I should do. Everyone suggested that I should take the bag back and get one with better patterning. Betsy is the organizer for LA's monthly TPF meet. I asked Betsy the same question and she suggested that I bring the bag in two weeks to the Rodeo drive meet.
On the day of the Rodeo drive meet, I brought my Speedy along to the LV store. I walked in and told the SA about the patterning and that I would like to exchange it for a better one. She took the bag to the back and came back a couple of minutes later with the leather goods assistant manager (David Hastings). David told me that my speedy is a fake! I was totally in shock! How could my speedy that I just bought from the LV store be a fake??!!! I bought the bag from the actual LV store because I am terrified of getting a fake from elsewhere. And now this guy is telling me that my bag is fake?? He won't tell me why it is but strongly insisted that I go back to South Coast Plaza and talk to them about it. He said he can't help me and won't. All he said was that he was sorry and that what might have happened was that SCP took in a return and didn't fully check it and re-sold it to me. I'm like okay but that doesn't solve my situation!

So long story short...Betsy and fellow TPFers went with me to the Century City LV and helped me get another Speedy without the drama of the Rodeo LV.

GRRRRRRRRRRR...I can't believe that happened to me!

After talking to fellow TPFer, she said that her friends from Hong Kong went to the Rodeo LV store and brought a bunch of bags and tried to exchange one of them the next day because she didn't like how the size looked on her but they told her no. Whatever happened to the 14 day return and 30 day exchange policy? They believe that they were discriminated against since they are Asian.

I am Asian as well and I think I was treated that way because of discrimination. Please note that the SA and assistant manger is both Caucasian.

I understand that Asia produces a lot of fakes but please don't discriminate against me for that!

I work hard for my money and it hurts to be treated like that when I am treating myself to something I truly deserve.

Thanks for reading my rant.

Oh, gosh! That is terrible. I've heard so much about this sort of stuff happening, not only in Rodeo Dr but in LV stores around the world. Apparently, so I heard, the staff (no finger pointing here) would swap the original bags for Grade A counterfeits and there is nothing we can do about it.

What a horribe story! I'm so sorry you had to go through that. The way you were treated is absurd. They should be bending over backwards to accomodate you and to compensate you for selling you a FAKE from the store. Absolutely incredible! If you can't feel safe buying from the actual boutique where can you feel safe buying a bag?!
I hope you can put this behind you and enjoy your new bag:smile: