LV Sales Associates going in "store room" after purchase

So after every time you make your purchase in any Louis Vuitton boutique with any sales associate, they take all of the receipt/paper work and all your items to the "store room" to bag and box them.

I just don't get why they perform this procedure? They can't do it on the counter like every other store? What's the reason for this? I have a slight feeling that they would secretly inspect your items and make a small flaw after your purchase where you can't seem to notice it.

The stores I have been to the desk where the register is located is small, not enough room in my opinion to wrap up a purchase especially if there is another SA with another purchase. I've kind of wondered this myself but I am guessing it is where all the boxes, ribbons and other packing materials are...

The stores I have been to the desk where the register is located is small, not enough room, in my opinion, to wrap up a purchase especially if there is another SA with another purchase. I've kind if wondered this myself but I am guessing it is where all the boxes, ribbons and other packing materials are...

Exactly!

Why on earth would they damage your purchase? How would they benefit from this.

They take it out the back to fold your item, package your item discreetly, put it in a dust bag, box it up and bag it. It's more tasteful to do all of this out of sight and make it all seem effortless and then simply present you with the bag.

All luxury stores e.g. Gucci, Prada do this.

Why on earth would they damage your purchase? How would they benefit from this.

They take it out the back to fold your item, package your item discreetly, put it in a dust bag, box it up and bag it. It's more tasteful to do all of this out of sight and make it all seem effortless and then simply present you with the bag.

All luxury stores e.g. Gucci, Prada do this.

Exactly!

I believe that it also insures that they are not interrupted. No one can ask a question or talk to them during the transaction. They always come out and hand the bag directly to the customer. Then no one sees what you purchased. It all seems more refined that way.

So after every time you make your purchase in any Louis Vuitton boutique with any sales associate, they take all of the receipt/paper work and all your items to the "store room" to bag and box them.

I just don't get why they perform this procedure? They can't do it on the counter like every other store? What's the reason for this? I have a slight feeling that they would secretly inspect your items and make a small flaw after your purchase where you can't seem to notice it.
Why would they purposely damage their own product? Especially if you can exchange it?

They bring it to the back because the boxes, packaging, etc are there for them to wrap up your purchases without being in the way of other SAs ringing up customers and so you get the luxury experience. It's the same with Chanel and honestly I rather enjoy the experience considering I'm paying a premium, I expect something better than the average retail store.

If you're worried that they are damaging your purchases for some spiteful reason you can always request for the SA to not bother with the box, ribbon, etc and just ring it up and put in a bag right in front of you.

I don't really get this? Maybe if an SA was a little nuts? Like they were an imposter from hermes or gucci and they were pretending to be an LV SA and trying to destroy merchandise? Just a little sarcasm here, but joking aside, I don't think you should worry too much about it. It just looks nicer to not having people wrapping and boxing the showroom floor :smile:

The boxes, dustbags and packaging materials are all out back so that's where they package your purchase/s. Why would you think they're doing this to damage their own products?:confused1: Are you suggesting they're doing this so that you can't return your items later on should you change your mind? I don't think so.

Agree with everyone else. Imagine 2 or 3 SA trying to wrap, box and bag stuff all at once. Noisy, distracting and definitely not enough space. And to damage merchandise that us LV consumers would just return once we get it home and discover it??? Doesn't make sense.