LV Sales Associates going in "store room" after purchase

TBH I don't like it either. I don't think they're damaging my purchase though. I just prefer them to wrap it in front of me. I've had an experience where they boxed up the wrong item and I had to go back to exchange. What a bother! It could have been avoided if they wrapped it in front if me.
And I must admit if I inspect several bags and the SA looked annoyed I get paranoid that they'll box up not the one I chose. It's such a hassle to exchange it, complain this isn't the one I chose, etc. I purchase my LVs during travel thus I won't have a regular SA and don't always get to come back to return an error!

Last edited:
Just from perusing online and hearing stories from other people, including threads on TPF I can guess at what the OP is suspicious about... just to explain to those of you confused. Probably SA's trying to prevent any return. (http://www.epinions.com/msg/show_~threads/cat_id_~22/id_~15731/forum_id_~146?sb=1) However I agree with the other posters, that I think the practice is simply for space, materials, privacy, presentation... I kind of find it a preposterous thought that SA's are back there afflicting some damage to your bag. :smile: So OP rest easy, I am sure if you asked them not to package it or pretty it up that they would give it to you right there, if you wished.

I see, so it is in light of the link above. Now, OP's concerns make sense. Thanks for sharing with us this link.

I see, so it is in light of the link above. Now, OP's concerns make sense. Thanks for sharing with us this link.
yes, and I posted my previous comment based on this context too. This is why I read all the posts before leaving a comment just incase I missed something crucial which I think most people have…. oh well. :smile:

I bought a DE neverfull from store, thoroughly examined it in store then it was taken through the back to be wrapped. I examined it once home and the bottom piping was flawed, something I would have definitely noticed in store. It was, without doubt, a different bag to the one I examined and agreed to purchase. I had one heck of a fight to get them to exchange it, as the SA kept insisting this flaw sometimes happened... But she couldn't show me another bag with the same issue.
I have no doubt my bag was swapped out that day. It's made me vary wary of repurchasing at LV.

Just from perusing online and hearing stories from other people, including threads on TPF I can guess at what the OP is suspicious about... just to explain to those of you confused. Probably SA's trying to prevent any return. (http://www.epinions.com/msg/show_~threads/cat_id_~22/id_~15731/forum_id_~146?sb=1) However I agree with the other posters, that I think the practice is simply for space, materials, privacy, presentation....

Just read through this link... Omg, absolutely no words left, what horrible experiences - I feel devastated for these customers and don't even want to start imagining this happening to me.

To redeem the LV sales assistants' reputation, I have to say I had been cursed with a streak of damaged items from LV last January and the response from LV was fantastic and never lead me to believe they were trying everything to avoid returns.

So what happened?
1) My Orsay pochette was peeling on day one.
2) An unevenly, but strongly patina-ed display Petit Noe was sold to me as "brand new from the factory".
3) My Speedy showed faulty, wrinkling vachetta when I took it out of the dust bag after two weeks in order to use it for the first time.

With the Petit Noe, I can hear the OP as I wasn't shown the bag before paying, because it had been ordered into the store for me and when I came to pick it up, it was already wrapped up waiting at the cash desk. Obviously I should have simply demanded to see it before paying, but at the time I was a shy 20 year old, who thought it was rude to do so. My bad for not asking, their bad for giving me misinformation about the bag.

After the first exchange of the peeling Orsay I started feeling like the biggest idiot myself, because I didn't want to be that customer, who does all these complaints and returns and eventually was almost terrified to go back when even my Speedy showed quality issues after 2 weeks of sitting in its dust bag on my chair and not a single use yet. But in all cases, the LV employees were more than helpful, assessed the items, send them to France for inspection and when it was clear, that none of the damages were my fault, I got fully refunded - despite refunds normally not being part of LV UK's policy (you can only exchange if you change your mind). I didn't even demand a refund (just wanted the bags in perfect quality), but LV suggested it themselves, with lots of apologies and a glass of champagne in their offices.

This superb handling of the case not only led me to spend the refund on more LV products, but I also took on a job with LVMH two months ago because this (and many other) positive experience had painted a pretty decent image of the company to me. So I'd say, OP, don't worry. There might be isolated cases were certain LV branches act out, but I certainly don't think that this speaks for the company image as they are still a luxury brand, which very much define themselves through their customer care.

I understand the OP inquiry based on other posted experiences. Personally, I wish they had a special private ( between buyer and SA) section in the store for boxing and wrapping which would IMO make shopping @ LV a more luxurious, carefree experience... Just wishful thinking lol

yes, and I posted my previous comment based on this context too. This is why I read all the posts before leaving a comment just incase I missed something crucial which I think most people have…. oh well. :smile:

It does indeed take effort to read all the posts like you do before leaving a comment (you rock!), I have to admit that many times, I don't. I did for this thread cos it did not have many pages yet at the time of my posting.:P

I understand the OP inquiry based on other posted experiences. Personally, I wish they had a special private ( between buyer and SA) section in the store for boxing and wrapping which would IMO make shopping @ LV a more luxurious, carefree experience... Just wishful thinking lol

Wow, that's a nice thought and a great idea. Indeed, how nice if they had such a private section. Do they have one, actually, for the super VIPs (I am obviously not one)?

You are welcome. I'm actually a little surprised the thought wasn't more evident to others who replied, I've seen this sort of thing posted on TPF before. Or I thought so. :smile:

Honestly I guess I'm never surprised but always disappointed, when I see women attacking, judging, insulting other members. The people here who posted that the OP was nuts or other belittling comments, I guess I just hope you feel a bit of shame. Put yourself in someone else's shoes. Some replies are pretty awful. :nogood: So sorry OP.