LV Retiro or Fendi Chameleon

fashion16

O.G.
Apr 15, 2007
Hi Ladies,
I have been looking far and wide for my "perfect" next bag. Now I have a tie and I cannot decide. Here is my criteria:

Can be worn as a satchel or thrown over a shoulder
Is durable (doesn't scratch easily and if I am unexpectedly caught in the rain, no big deal
Is neutral in color and in style (can be dressed up or down)
has a zip closure
Is premium designer
Must have longevity (not trendy and something I could wear in 20 years w/out looking dated
Not over $2k

Here are my choices. The Fendi Chameleon in black

http://www.bergdorfgoodman.com/p/Fe...-Bag/prod78010030/?eVar4=You May Also Like RR

OR

LV Retiro

http://www.louisvuitton.com/front/#...n/Handbags/products/Retiro-PM-MONOGRAM-M40325

What do you think?

LV 100%!
The canvas is unbreakable, durable, light weight, waterproof, no maintenance at all.
It can be dressed up and down and you'll still be carrying it in 20 years!

I love the Fendi! I was looking at Chameleons at the Fendi store recently and they are really beautiful in person. The leather seemed like it would be durable but I couldn't say for sure. I also think this style has a great, classic (but interesting) shape.

You have to consider your lifestyle and what will work best for you.

Both are stunning bags but the LV Retiro has a more casual appeal and yet can be taken into the business place. It is larger than your other choice and can be used all year round. And as Mariapia mentioned, it is totally low maintenance with the use of the LV monogram canvas.

The Fendi Chameleon is very sharp and elegant. It appears to very durable, however, because it is crafted in grainy leather, it appears that it can only be used during the winter months due to its heavier look in materials The interior in the Chameleon is laid out better with the separate zippered middle compartment.

rszerer said:
You have to consider your lifestyle and what will work best for you.

Both are stunning bags but the LV Retiro has a more casual appeal and yet can be taken into the business place. It is larger than your other choice and can be used all year round. And as Mariapia mentioned, it is totally low maintenance with the use of the LV monogram canvas.

The Fendi Chameleon is very sharp and elegant. It appears to very durable, however, because it is crafted in grainy leather, it appears that it can only be used during the winter months due to its heavier look in materials The interior in the Chameleon is laid out better with the separate zippered middle compartment.

Great, thoughtful post. Thank you