LV repairs of a ''vintage'' piece

roubass

Oct 29, 2015
Hello guys! I am a proud owner of a Suhali Lockit and its zipper pull is cracking and will break soon. Is there any chance LV will be able to give me a new one/repair it? As this leather is discontinued as well as Lockit itself... This bag is from Marc Jacobs's era, so I am not sure about it... Any opinions/experiences?

Hi, you'll have to take this up with an LV boutique directly. Only LV knows what's possible and available in their out-of-production parts inventory. If they don't have that exact zipper pull, I bet they can come up with an alternative decent fix.

Good luck, and keep us posted!

Reactions: striveforluxury
Hello guys! I am a proud owner of a Suhali Lockit and its zipper pull is cracking and will break soon. Is there any chance LV will be able to give me a new one/repair it? As this leather is discontinued as well as Lockit itself... This bag is from Marc Jacobs's era, so I am not sure about it... Any opinions/experiences?
Louis Vuitton will repair the bag (replace the zipper pull) as long as the leather and hardware remain available (even years after the item was discontinued). You have to take your bag to a boutique and the SA will do the research and give you an estimate. If the leather or hardware is no longer in stock, the repair request will be denied.

Louis Vuitton will repair the bag (replace the zipper pull) as long as the leather and hardware remain available (even years after the item was discontinued). You have to take your bag to a boutique and the SA will do the research and give you an estimate. If the leather or hardware is no longer in stock, the repair request will be denied.
This exactly. I wanted to have a Sac Souple 30 redone but it was denied because they didn't have the parts on hand to do it.

I have just picked up my vintage speedy from repair. Totall cost was around 540$ and I got free padlock and keys, drawstring dustbag, box with ribbon and a shopping bag. I am in love with my new bag!

Please post a picture [emoji3] we would like to see!!

This exactly. I wanted to have a Sac Souple 30 redone but it was denied because they didn't have the parts on hand to do it.

Sent from my SM-G955U using PurseForum mobile app