LV repair workshop claims product is not authentic. Feedback appreciated...

charles-mcp

Dec 27, 2020
Greetings, everyone.

I am writing on behalf of a good friend with the intentions of obtaining feedback. The following message was sent to LV. It was sent to a couple of store personal and LV’s customer support email (USA). We are unsure if we will receive a satisfying response or if we will receive any response at all. My friend, who is a long-time customer, is extremely frustrated with the situation. I’m posting here in hopes of possibly learning something new from everyone’s expertise. Perhaps there are known incidences that are similar to the one depicted in the letter below? Perhaps there is a better way to get LV’s attention and elicit a response? Perhaps our matter is not worth pursuing? Any and all feedback is appreciated. Thank you for your time.

(Thank you to Vlad for letting me post.)

===

To Whom It May Concern:

I would like to express my extreme disappointment in learning that my Palm Springs Mini backpack was returned from your workshop without repair due to the product being deemed as inauthentic. This is shocking news and I am wondering if there is some mistake.

I purchased this product in July of 2016 from the Bravern location in Bellevue, Washington. This item was brought in for repairs to the same location in December of 2016. At this time the product was deemed authentic - since it was repaired and returned to me. I accepted the repaired product without question after the leather on this item was fixed. At some point in time between when the product was returned to me and until now; the item became inauthentic. My purchase is now void.

I do not intend to be quick with judgement however I am requesting adequate customer service and a reasonable investigation into this issue. It’s highly unlikely that a counterfeit item was somehow traded for my authentic one while it was in my possession. I would like to know if it is possible that something went awry internally with Louis Vuitton. For instance, is it possible that the product was miscategorized as inauthentic? Perhaps there was a sales associate, or other employee, known for replacing authentic products with counterfeit products prior to returning them to customers after repair? Again, I wish to emphasize that I am not placing blame. I am simply looking for proper due diligence and adequate customer service from a company that I’ve done business with for many years. The current response from the company is simply unacceptable. (See attached screenshots of text messages from [name omitted], Bravern Expert Care Advisor. We do realize [name omitted] is likely following existing protocols.)

Please check my profile and consider the following: I have no reason to bring a counterfeit Louis Vuitton product in for repairs. My profile shows that I am a long-term customer and, over time, I have purchased just about every Louis Vuitton product. Furthermore, I did buy this exact Palm Springs Mini backpack in 2016. For these reasons, it’s very reasonable to assume that my actions are genuine and, therefore, worthy of a proper internal investigation.

On a personal note, I feel insulted with how the matter is being handled thus far. A proper response would have been subsequent to a review of my profile and a thorough investigation. I am requesting adequate customer service.

Your prompt attention to this matter is sincerely appreciated. The claimed inauthentic product is still in your possession for a thorough investigation. I look forward to your response.

Warm Regards,
[name omitted]
[customer ID omitted]

Reactions: SandyMA94
As Emsidee already suggested, try to escalate this case with CS and be both persistent and diligent as there is an established purchasing history. I've had a piece returned to me as "non-authentic" because the person who inspected it at the repair centre was not familiar with the unusual and vintage design (Sac Shopping tote). Thankfully the store manager was vaguely familiar with the line and sent it out again and miraculously my tote was "authentic" and worthy of repairs.

• Wow
Reactions: bubablu
Thank you for the feedback...

Forgive my ignorance... confirming: CS is 'customer service'? The following page appears to list phone, email, and contact form:

Feel free to correct my understanding if CS is a reference to something else.

Many thanks..!

Can your friend go into a store and talk to a manager? If he is a long time customer, he should have contacts or salespeople he works with? For a issue like this, I would rather go to a store in person than go through customer service.....

Reactions: BleuSaphir
Thank you for the feedback...

Forgive my ignorance... confirming: CS is 'customer service'? The following page appears to list phone, email, and contact form:

Feel free to correct my understanding if CS is a reference to something else.

Many thanks..!
Yes, it is short for customer service :smile:

Wow, what an awful story! I feel sorry. I would call or visit an LV Store and then again explaining everything. Where did your friend bought the PSM? I’ve also heard that some SAs are not even looking when you give the return, so it could be easy giving a fake one.

Thanks for all the feedback. It's appreciated. We will keep updating this thread...

At the moment, we have received no response from anyone at LV about this matter after sending out the emails on 12/29/2020. On that same day I have also left a couple of voicemails with their Bravern Expert Care Advisor... and no call back. We will give them about a week to respond before sending out another round of emails. Other than that, we are planning to make a trip to the LV store to see how they respond to our issue.

Reactions: beautycase
I don't believe she has the actual purchase invoice (I can check, though) however she does have a profile. It is confirmed on her profile that she did purchase this item in July of 2016.
Really hilarious from lv.. actually I also repaired my PSM just a few weeks after I bought it bc the leather tab was peeling, you should definitely visit the store or call CS! Good luck, please let us know if LV finally find a solution!

Reactions: charles-mcp