LV Rendez-vous MM....thoughts?

katipepperB

PurseObsessed
Jun 20, 2012
So I was browsing through the LV website and noticed this bag. I think it also comes in a PM size. Has anyone seen this bag in person? I'd like know some of the PF's thoughts on this bag. Be honest.

I ordered the bag, tried it, and now getting ready to return it via FedEx

i have to admit it looked beautiful on the website but it kind of underwhelmed me IRL. For one, I ordered the PM but I am short and normally PMs work for me...the website sizing is erroneous, the height included the top of the shoulder straps! I wish the shoulder strap is longer. Totally PM height website sizing is accurate, top to bottom of bag body not including shoulder strap is correct. I could have exchanged for the MM but as I said I was underwhelmed

i was disappointed needless to say as it looked so pretty online.

Also the leather part is a disappointment, it's like a thin, cheaper version of the Epi leather.

Suggestion for those thinking of getting this bag, order the MM. Here she is compared to the Totally PM and Audacieuse Empreinte .

Attachments

• image-3709014401.jpg
    image-3709014401.jpg
    314.5 KB · Views: 2,824
I just saw this bag today at my local LV boutique in Saks. I thought it was beautiful. I had not been interested in the Idylle line in a long while, however this new style immediately caught my eye. My store only had the MM size, which is really large, IMO. My SA and also my Saks SA (who was nearby) thought it was too large for me, so my SA is ordering this bag for me in the Encre color in the PM size. I had originally thought I'd possibly be getting the Portobello today, and had been thinking before I got to LV that I was torn between the GM and PM of that bag, however when I saw the Idylle Rendez-vous I passed on the Port quickly and was also really glad that it seemed like the Rendez-vous PM was sized somewhat bigger than the Portobello PM, at least I hope so. I'm excited for it to come in and hope to love it. :smile:

I just saw this bag today at my local LV boutique in Saks. I thought it was beautiful. I had not been interested in the Idylle line in a long while, however this new style immediately caught my eye. My store only had the MM size, which is really large, IMO. My SA and also my Saks SA (who was nearby) thought it was too large for me, so my SA is ordering this bag for me in the Encre color in the PM size. I had originally thought I'd possibly be getting the Portobello today, and had been thinking before I got to LV that I was torn between the GM and PM of that bag, however when I saw the Idylle Rendez-vous I passed on the Port quickly and was also really glad that it seemed like the Rendez-vous PM was sized somewhat bigger than the Portobello PM, at least I hope so. I'm excited for it to come in and hope to love it. :smile:

Interesting observation, so different from my experience. May I ask how tall you are? If the MM is too big I hope the PM would be perfect.

PLEASE let me know what you think of the PM size when you get it... I would be most interested!!

Interesting observation, so different from my experience. May I ask how tall you are? If the MM is too big I hope the PM would be perfect.

PLEASE let me know what you think of the PM size when you get it... I would be most interested!!

No problem, I am a short, petite girl, about 4'11", so on me it was felt that the MM was too big. But I am also trying to get away from the bigger bags lately, as I feel like I already have a good number of large LV bags. Sure, I will let you know what I think, maybe post a modeling pic, and hoping for LVoe! :love:

I ordered the bag, tried it, and now getting ready to return it via FedEx

i have to admit it looked beautiful on the website but it kind of underwhelmed me IRL. For one, I ordered the PM but I am short and normally PMs work for me...the website sizing is erroneous, the height included the top of the shoulder straps! I wish the shoulder strap is longer. Totally PM height website sizing is accurate, top to bottom of bag body not including shoulder strap is correct. I could have exchanged for the MM but as I said I was underwhelmed

i was disappointed needless to say as it looked so pretty online.

Also the leather part is a disappointment, it's like a thin, cheaper version of the Epi leather.

Suggestion for those thinking of getting this bag, order the MM. Here she is compared to the Totally PM and Audacieuse Empreinte .

would you be so kind to post pics of yourself carrying this bag on your shoulder? and a pic of what fits inside. Many thanks. :smile:

I just got this couple days ago, I was on the fence on it but looking at it more I have decided to keep it. It really is gorgeous! The details IMO of the leather/gold hardware is stunning! For me it is well priced and spent at $1750 compared to the other styles that have less to offer. I got the MM size in Encre, this is very proportionate to my height, I am 5'9 for reference. I will do some reveals later on so you can see more details and comparison. I tried the PM too, I think the size is very cute for somebody shorter than me of course. My co-worker fell in love with the bag after showing it to her trying to get opinion. She texted me last night and bought it ASAP in PM, she's about 5'2.

Oh forgot to say, I originally was planning to purchase Marylebone but very disappointed. This was my point of items priced with less to offer. Again this is just my opinion.

I just got this couple days ago, I was on the fence on it but looking at it more I have decided to keep it. It really is gorgeous! The details IMO of the leather/gold hardware is stunning! For me it is well priced and spent at $1750 compared to the other styles that have less to offer. I got the MM size in Encre, this is very proportionate to my height, I am 5'9 for reference. I will do some reveals later on so you can see more details and comparison. I tried the PM too, I think the size is very cute for somebody shorter than me of course. My co-worker fell in love with the bag after showing it to her trying to get opinion. She texted me last night and bought it ASAP in PM, she's about 5'2.

So glad this worked out for you! Looking forward to some modeling pics!!

No problem, I am a short, petite girl, about 4'11", so on me it was felt that the MM was too big. But I am also trying to get away from the bigger bags lately, as I feel like I already have a good number of large LV bags. Sure, I will let you know what I think, maybe post a modeling pic, and hoping for LVoe! :love:

Looking forward to some mod pics and your opinion! I am about the same height as you.