LV rain boots - Are they worth it??

Dec 11, 2006
Ive seen several of you reveal your LV rain boots, and think they look pretty amazing. I wasn't sure if I wanted to spend $400 on rain boots even if they are "cheap" for an LV item. I called the toll free corporate number to locate a store and see them in person, try them on etc.

The rep said they are in the process of being phased out for the new season, and won't be restocked. She said they are sold out nationwide in my size (5.5), and there were no size 6 near me in NY in any color either. In fact, there was only pair of the size 6 in black in all of the US. I ordered the size 6 to be sent to me, and she waived shipping fee for me for standard shipping.

For you ladies who own this boot, is it worth it? How do they fit? Are they true to size? I figured a boot can be less specific in size, and sometimes I do wear a size 6 in boots.

I didn't expect them to be discontinued because I thought they have been around for a while, at least a year I thought. The customer rep on the phone said it came out in Fall 2012. Maybe a new color, but I asked about black.

Can I be entirely honest with you, when I think of rain boots, I think of Wellington boots, and when I think of them I think of the brand Hunter. Just because they're world famous for wellies, and they are of top quality.
So if I was to buy a pair of rain boots, I'd go to Hunter. Because they're a lot cheaper, and of very high quality.

But, I can tell you these LV rain boots are of top quality too! And I'm sure you'll love them!

Can I be entirely honest with you, when I think of rain boots, I think of Wellington boots, and when I think of them I think of the brand Hunter. Just because they're world famous for wellies, and they are of top quality.
So if I was to buy a pair of rain boots, I'd go to Hunter. Because they're a lot cheaper, and of very high quality.

But, I can tell you these LV rain boots are of top quality too! And I'm sure you'll love them!

Yup, I agree. I think of Hunter boots when I think of rain boots. I would spend my money on a bag rather than LV shoes.

Agree! I love my Hunter rain boots.

I think LV rain boots are so cute. I love the Burberry ones and wanted a pair for a really long time. I have some sturdy nice ones from the brand Tretorn, which are similar to Hunter. You're already getting them, so see how you feel once you get them. I don't think it's ridiculous to wear LV rain boots, however, you have to make sure they can live up to their purpose!

I also think a size 6 will be fine. I usually always size up a little in boots just because of my calves.

I agree. I rather save the money for a bag or SLG than on LV footwear. I think LV is best doing lugguages and bags. They haven't built a up their reputation for doing footwear or jewelry like other designers. This is just my opinion.

They're cute and a size or half size up generally works with rain boots. I tried these on at LV (in pink) and I didn't like the heel, it was a little much for me. The boot itself was beautiful! I have two pairs of Burberry boots that are much lighter. Please do mod pics - the black must be gorgeous!

I agree. I rather save the money for a bag or SLG than on LV footwear. I think LV is best doing lugguages and bags. They haven't built a up their reputation for doing footwear or jewelry like other designers. This is just my opinion.

I agree. If you're looking for rainboots, I would recommend checking out the Burberry Line--I get so many compliments on mine and the quality is excellent. Plus, they were less than half of what the LV rainboots cost.

I own a couple of pairs of Hunters and can tell you the quality is very good. The only other pair of branded rain boots I've bought is Marc by Marc Jacobs. They are nice but the quality is lacking a little. I do like the LV boots, but it's irrelevant to me because they don't make them for men. I'd love to be able to make LV imprints in the snow though. :lol:

I love my Hunter rain boots and also my Burberry rain boots. My daughter also has Hunter rain boots. These are perfect, in my opinion, and so I've never had any desire to seek out or pay more for LV rain boots.

I am sorry but Burberry makes rain boots that are very close to the same price, if not more than LV. I am a LV girl all the way and own the black rain boots. I find them extremely well made, comfortable and stylish at the same time and would choose them any day over the other brands mentioned. But that's just me and my own opinion and from my own experience.