LV question...stupid, but a question nonetheless.

Swanky

Admin
Admin
O.G.
Jan 12, 2006
Not a stupid question!
Doesn't exactly look like a pair of canvas Keds - it's hard to tell what it is!

jasanna143

I need more cowbell, baby
Dec 15, 2005
AZ
Not stupid! I didn't know for the longest time til I started getting interested in LV!

shu

O.G.
Jan 17, 2006
Then what is it made of? Regular canvas? It feels different though...or maybe that's just me...

Feb 8, 2006
It's regular canvas and then they add a coating on the canvas to make it waterproof. That is what Mr. Vuitton was famous for, his waterproof trunks back in the day.

Sassy

O.G.
Dec 21, 2005
SF
I think they call it "treated canvas"-- the handles and trim are of course leather :smile:

clanalois

i <3 bags
O.G.
Dec 29, 2005
New York City
Pradasmeadow said:
Your amongst friends, so you can ask anything you want !! LOL
Ditto!

I don't know about you, but the chicks in my neighborhood (Chicago north shore) are super-snooty, mean, and unfortunately, rich. You can't actually talk about handbags -- you strut your stuff like an egotistical peacock. If I asked a question similar to yours, these chicks would get this nasty look on their faces (like there's dog poo somewhere close by) and proceed to ridicule you. I got that very attitude the first time I visited a Chanel boutique and asked, "Is caviar leather something new this year?"

You're among friends here. This board is such a great place, and for me, the camaraderie here is something I can't get "in real life," in a manner of speaking. You will not be judged. :smile:

onecutespeedy

Feb 21, 2006
WOW! I am very impressed with the knowledge on this blog, I have a good feeling that I will learn a lot being a new bag collector and all!

dee-dee

Dec 14, 2005
Thank you guys :smile:

I just always wondered, but I was too embarassed to ask the SA's at the LV boutique.

I don't feel so stupid afterall, because you know what? it sure doesn't look or feel like canvas to me....but it doesn't feel like leather either...

I LOVE THIS PLACE!!!

Jan 10, 2006
The fact that it's coated canvas is one of the reasons why I've had such a hard time getting into LV.... I finally broke down and got a cerise sac plat. But I don't know if I'll become hooked...