LV QUALITY CONTROL --- WHAT IS GOING ON??

Was so excited to pick this piece up. I preordered it. Unfortunately I couldn’t make it to the store and I sent my fiancé (poor thing lol) I checked it over and there’s a huge scratch on the button. It’s hard to catch in the picture but you can’t even tell it says Louis Vuitton because Of the scratches. And I’m not usually overly anal about these things. When I texted my SA about it she tried to tell me this is how the buttons are coming now to prevent wear and tear… “rough” she called it. So I have to wait until she’s back in on Wednesday to exchange it. Fingers crossed it goes smoothly.

8AB48633-4C9C-47E1-BF18-51896F995E4F.jpeg

Was so excited to pick this piece up. I preordered it. Unfortunately I couldn’t make it to the store and I sent my fiancé (poor thing lol) I checked it over and there’s a huge scratch on the button. It’s hard to catch in the picture but you can’t even tell it says Louis Vuitton because Of the scratches. And I’m not usually overly anal about these things. When I texted my SA about it she tried to tell me this is how the buttons are coming now to prevent wear and tear… “rough” she called it. So I have to wait until she’s back in on Wednesday to exchange it. Fingers crossed it goes smoothly.

View attachment 5698557

The buttons coming in “rough” doesn’t make any sense. Why would a luxury company think their average customer would want to pay money for a faulty-looking item? Sounds like your SA just doesn’t want to deal with returns and is trying to convince you to keep it. I would return/exchange it too.

View attachment 5698557
I'm sorry? LV are scratching buttons on purpose? That's the way they come now. What utter balls! I'd be getting another SA. No brand if they are luxury or budget sell stuff already roughed up. I'd be so mad right now if i were in your shoes.

I would not keep that wallet. The button should be in pristine condition when purchasing. I had a problem with the button on my wallet after using it for 2 years daily. LV sent the wallet in for repair and they replaced the button snap. It’s been perfect ever since.

I went in and she ordered me another one, this one did not have the “rough” texture she was referring to lol. Thankfully I was able to get another one. I hate complaining about things but it really was just unacceptable.

It appears there isn’t much quality control going on with regards to their repairs process either. I was quite pleased with the work they did on my vintage Amazone 22 until I went to actually use it for the first time since picking it up and saw that the lining of the interior pocket I’d paid to have replaced hadn’t been sewn in properly and is coming away from the bag. It will now have to be sent back to be repaired again.

5295F89F-C3CB-4AE4-A0B8-B15CC80AE882.jpeg

It appears there isn’t much quality control going on with regards to their repairs process either. I was quite pleased with the work they did on my vintage Amazone 22 until I went to actually use it for the first time since picking it up and saw that the lining of the interior pocket I’d paid to have replaced hadn’t been sewn in properly and is coming away from the bag. It will now have to be sent back to be repaired again.

View attachment 5727621
That was sewn SO close to the edge. No seam allowance whatsoever. It's bound to pull out with any amount of pressure. How could that have gone unnoticed?

i had to send back a repair in jan 2023 as well. i sent in my psm reverse for a top handle change. it came back with a gaping hole between the zipper and the inner lining. it was missing ~8 stitches. i noticed it 2 hours after i picked it up and had to drive right back to the store with it. it has been sent out again for fixing. i waited 8 months for the repair and was quoted another 4-6 months for the adjustment, but was told it could be sooner and this repair was "flagged as an urgent repair" (since they messed it up from the initial repair). i was going to be offered a new bag but turned it down, they don't make psm reverse anymore and wasn't swapping it for regular monogram psm.

Last edited:
I posted this last week on another thread regarding my PSM that was sent for a zip replacement…..

“Well I got the text to say it arrived on Thursday. I went in yesterday to collect the PSM and when it was brought out I was surprised to see that they changed it so the zip was now exposed, as opposed to the original. I had a really good look over it and they had left the old zip attached area and just elongated it so it looked like a double lip around the zip. It looked like they replaced the front panel, however I was dismayed to see that they had left two rather large unfinished/cracked canvas areas. I didn’t take a picture but I’ve added an image to show where it was. It was really obvious and nasty. They had also melted a bit of canvas at the side as they reattached it. When I pointed it out to the SA he said “Well what do you want me to do?” I said I’d like to compare it with another PSM to show him as he wasn’t really believing it was wrong. He said they had none to compare it with. I asked to speak to the manager as she had taken in the repair. She took one look and said “I’ll get a fresh one to compare” and suddenly there was another in stock. This really showed how bad the repair was and she was horrified. She was amazing and really professional. But really horrified by the repair that took over 6 months and destroyed the bag. The area highlighted was basically a big tear on either side. It was a big gash that would definitely tear as you bend back the front panel. The melted canvas was all puckered and melted, it was on the side of the bag where the sides meet.

9084F357-3370-42BF-8E55-6FBC66C78059.jpeg

E1B85B07-5640-47DF-9A8E-8D84B63A69B5.jpeg

FE5AB30E-BDD5-4B78-8671-543D190E0A1C.jpeg

Also to add when I sent my Grand Palais back for repair (corners worn after about 4 wears) it was in worse condition than I sent it off. Dents where handles were squashed against the leather, repair not completed and a huge white stain on the base! It had been sent back to the store in a drawstring dustbag and paper bag that was visibly squashed and damaged.

Also to add when I sent my Grand Palais back for repair (corners worn after about 4 wears) it was in worse condition than I sent it off. Dents where handles were squashed against the leather, repair not completed and a huge white stain on the base! It had been sent back to the store in a drawstring dustbag and paper bag that was visibly squashed and damaged.
Did they do anything about it?

I ordered a bag charm from one of the LV stores and it was sent out with no protective film on any of the metal pieces, loose in the dustbag, no foam or wrapping to prevent it from rubbing against itself - it was scratched in mulitple places, I talked to the SA who said LV are instructing the SAs to remove all protective coverings....uhhh, they re going to be getting a lot of returned and damaged charms that way. I am returning it asap and just a heads up to insist that if you order a chain or bag charm, it must be somehow protected in shipment. I dont know what LV is thinking or what their logic is. The one i ordered is the Chaine Nanogram Icons Bag charm & chain, its rather heavy too, its absolutely not going to travel well without protection. Beware of this new and bizarre policy from LV.

I posted this last week on another thread regarding my PSM that was sent for a zip replacement…..

“Well I got the text to say it arrived on Thursday. I went in yesterday to collect the PSM and when it was brought out I was surprised to see that they changed it so the zip was now exposed, as opposed to the original. I had a really good look over it and they had left the old zip attached area and just elongated it so it looked like a double lip around the zip. It looked like they replaced the front panel, however I was dismayed to see that they had left two rather large unfinished/cracked canvas areas. I didn’t take a picture but I’ve added an image to show where it was. It was really obvious and nasty. They had also melted a bit of canvas at the side as they reattached it. When I pointed it out to the SA he said “Well what do you want me to do?” I said I’d like to compare it with another PSM to show him as he wasn’t really believing it was wrong. He said they had none to compare it with. I asked to speak to the manager as she had taken in the repair. She took one look and said “I’ll get a fresh one to compare” and suddenly there was another in stock. This really showed how bad the repair was and she was horrified. She was amazing and really professional. But really horrified by the repair that took over 6 months and destroyed the bag. The area highlighted was basically a big tear on either side. It was a big gash that would definitely tear as you bend back the front panel. The melted canvas was all puckered and melted, it was on the side of the bag where the sides meet.

View attachment 5729849

View attachment 5729850

View attachment 5729851

i would like to add that the cuts on the sides of the main panel are normal. many bags have it, mines included. the melted canvas is a different story.