LV purchase from London New Year's trip: Instant reveal!!

Dec 11, 2006
I went for a few days to London to celebrate New Year's. What better way to start the year off than with a new LV bag? :graucho: Also, it's a little cheaper to buy one in Europe than in NY with the exchange rate and VAT return, so I couldn't resist!

I have been eyeing this one for a while! I was not sure on colors however, and was certain I was going to buy a particular color. I even went to the Soho store in NY, and put the two side by side. But then in London...

5284fc62.jpg

Did my nails this weekend, and found my base nail color to be a very close match to Infini! Very dark bluish black, but with a slight shimmer. Haha, funny because I posted a bag on tPF before and realized my nails matched the bag I was revealing.

1ae11495.jpg

It was funny that I ended up getting Infini because I looove purple bags! When Tessa06 was deciding on Infini and Aube, I voted for Aube, and decided to get Aube myself. I even put the 2 bags side by side and loved Aube!

But when I went to London, the Aube just looked so much brighter to me than I remembered in the New York store. I realized that the Soho store has dimmer lighting, and the Aube is much brighter. More like a violet than the deeper, muted purple I remembered.

I am actually happy that I got the Infini because it is almost a black bag but just slightly more unique. Despite most people wanting to add a pop of color to diversify their mostly black bag collection, I don't have black bags. I have other bags that I think serve as neutral colors, like mono, grays, and lots of purple! So I finally get to have a "black" tote and with a zipper! :yahoo::happydance:

As I had wrote in Tessa's thread, I have the lilac epi petit noe, epi cassis jasmin. Non-LV, I have two purple Rebecca minkoff bags, a canvas gucci hobo with dark purple leather handles, a miumiu bag that is a purpley-pink, and a small coach hobo that I don't use anymore but was my first purple bag that I can't seem to get rid of. :smile: I also have the LV insolite wallet with the purple interior and the large cles in vernis amarante.