LV price increases, what is your limit?

parvenu_bag

Feb 13, 2008
So I like briefcases and keepalls, and my girlfriend likes the handbags and wallets. After seeing the waterproof keepall, already 1000 pounds, double the normal keepall, rise to 1060, I was wondering, what would you honestly say your limit is when buying LV? I know its very chic, very fancy, but still... it's a bag, bare in mind they're rising the price, not the quality.

There's not much that I would buy new from LV anymore - esp. with all of the customer service problems that people have been having as of late.

You can get gently used bags from eBay, Ann's, etc. for sometimes half the price of new. I would likely still buy any LE pieces new that I really wanted though.

Honestly - I am probably done with big purchases for a while since I have the bags I love. I may still get a red epi speedy when I finish grad school, but that's prob it (and accessories here & there).

I don't think the price increase is all that bad (compared to Chanel, which I have walked away from), so I'll purchase the pieces I want through-out the year. My thing is I will only purchase during double point events, however. So, that slows down buying for a bit, plus, it has to be in-stock and NOT a display piece. If the season passes and my azur berkley has not arrived, then I'll wait and buy it NEXT year.

It works for me, lol.

I'm pretty happy with my LV collection and besides wanting a 55 Keepall w/ strap, I can't think of anything else I really want or need. I have plenty of hand bags and shoulder bags of different styles to keep me happy for a while.

The price increases are really turning me off from buying anymore LV as well. Honestly, after I get my Keepall I think that will be it for LV.

I do want a red Balenciaga City though....!!!

My taste change continuously and lately in a direction away form LV, but in any case I don't think the price increases have such a great effect on me. I usually get stuff abroad with tax of and have no price expectation when I enter the store. If I want something, I really want it, not because it has a certain price. In addition I'm lucky enough to live in a country with a great currency atm.

Honestly, LV's increases just aren't extreme to me. There is a bag I want and I'll likely buy it regardless of a $60 increase or something. All in all, I am more of a Chanel girl and their increases have been $400+ so I think I have just kind of become apathetic and I figure I'll just buy when I'm ready vs. scrambling to get something before an increase and the like.

Finally, got a white MC zippy coin purse today from elux. The price hasn't been increased there. However, i am very upset the LV is excluded from the free shipping over $150. (the rep couldn't waive the shipping so i had to order something else, just to get the free shipping and balance myself)

I guess i am done with NEW LV this year(excluded my upcoming VVN watercolor speedy 30)....preowned, probably.:P

Honestly, LV's increases just aren't extreme to me. There is a bag I want and I'll likely buy it regardless of a $60 increase or something. All in all, I am more of a Chanel girl and their increases have been $400+ so I think I have just kind of become apathetic and I figure I'll just buy when I'm ready vs. scrambling to get something before an increase and the like.

I agree. The prices haven't jumped a significant enough amount for me to start screaming boycott. I will still continue to buy the pieces that I love.

I will continue to buy, I'm addicted, however I also realize that as I am about to graduate with a proffessional degree my income will be increasing so most likely my buying will not be affected....I'm just kicking myself for not buying my Trevi last week before the price increase WHICH I KNEW WAS COMING!!!!