LV Price Increase, is it still worth it for these models?

Phokay

Dec 21, 2019
Hi everyone, looking for your honest opinion on this matter. So I'm bout to get married end of this year. And I get to choose a bag as wedding gift. I really want it to be a special bag with classic and everlasting style that I could hand down, while still being practical and preferably, those that could be used as day and night bags.

I got my eyes on Alma BB in monogram at first. But with the price increase, I'm really wondering if it worths the price now. FYI I got it at approx USD 1,585.

Other choices I got in mind is the Metis, which I got at approx USD 2,200 for both monogram and empreinte leather.

All kind of opinions are much welcome and appreciated.

Reactions: marlena-95

marlena-95

Apr 5, 2020
The Alma bb is a very classic, timeless and elegant shape, i really love that it can be worn to both casual and elegant outfits, compared to the Pochette Metis which, in my opinion, has a more casual vibe.
I really love my Alma bb in monogram, i bought it in february. Here in europe it costs 1060€(approx. 1207 USD), and i think it's totally worth the price since it is such a beautiful bag. Just keep in mind that you have to be careful with the vachetta leather, i already have some tiny water spots on it from the rain. The Pochette Metis in monogram seems to be more carefree since it only has the vachetta handle :smile: I don't have any empreinte pieces yet, so i cant really say anything about it. I do like the look of empreinte though, the Alma bb neo version is also available in empreinte leather, and it looks very chic.

Good luck deciding and congratulations on your engagement :smile:

Reactions: Phokay

Phokay

Dec 21, 2019
The Alma bb is a very classic, timeless and elegant shape, i really love that it can be worn to both casual and elegant outfits, compared to the Pochette Metis which, in my opinion, has a more casual vibe.
I really love my Alma bb in monogram, i bought it in february. Here in europe it costs 1060€(approx. 1207 USD), and i think it's totally worth the price since it is such a beautiful bag. Just keep in mind that you have to be careful with the vachetta leather, i already have some tiny water spots on it from the rain. The Pochette Metis in monogram seems to be more carefree since it only has the vachetta handle :smile: I don't have any empreinte pieces yet, so i cant really say anything about it. I do like the look of empreinte though, the Alma bb neo version is also available in empreinte leather, and it looks very chic.

Good luck deciding and congratulations on your engagement :smile:
Thanks so much for your kind input yep, its quite pricy here where I'm from, and currently unable to travel aboard for some shopping due to this pandemic
Yess the red on neo alma bb is sooo pretty, but price is a bit much for an alma tho

Rachelkelter

Dec 18, 2019
I really want to get an alma bb someday but I can’t decide between monogram and Damier Ebene. I’ve tried them both on and they are both so beautiful.

marlena-95

Apr 5, 2020
I really want to get an alma bb someday but I can’t decide between monogram and Damier Ebene. I’ve tried them both on and they are both so beautiful.
Damier Ebene is more carefree, you don't have to worry as much about water spots or stains on the leather lining :smile: i love monogram canvas and vachetta leather and how it develops the patina, it can just be a bit stressfull sometimes :doh: e.g. i don't wear my monogram bags on rainy days because i'm way too scared of stains.

Phokay

Dec 21, 2019
Damier Ebene is more carefree, you don't have to worry as much about water spots or stains on the leather lining :smile: i love monogram canvas and vachetta leather and how it develops the patina, it can just be a bit stressfull sometimes :doh: e.g. i don't wear my monogram bags on rainy days because i'm way too scared of stains.
Yesss honey patinas are really beautiful, and to me, seeing the process of getting it from newly bought to get that beautiful color really is intriguing (if we could get the perfect color lol). But yeahh stains...