LV Popularity in Asia/China/etc.?

well.......LV is indeed very popular among asians. Everytime i go to LV in Auckland, i either see a lot of Jap tourists of students from China buying at LV stores :rolleyes: My friend did say that in China, brands such as LV, or Gucci are actually more expensive than other countries, that is why when they have a chance to buy something elsewhere they tend to go overboard:idea:

sophia_lv1992 said:
LV in China, Japan, and Taiwan are HUGE!

my aunt and uncle run a restranut down in taipei called AMIGO (mexican). a normal shopping day for her means a new lv item every 2 days wheter it be a purse or some small accesories. she and my uncle say when me and my cousin go back next month to vist family that they will each buy us one bag of our choice. everytime i go back to taiwan every single freaking girl has lv or chanel or burberry. usually they are all real. when i was in japan, there was LV EVERYWHERE TOO. it is a status symbol
hey....where is the resturant Amigo ?? maybe next time i go back to TW i can go there hehehehe......and Sophia, are your parents from Taiwan too ?? :shame:

The Japanese will spend lots of $$$ on quality, and that's one of the main reasons why they love LV so much.

COACH never used to be that popular until they put roughly a 15-20% markup on their merchandise. Their mentality is that, the more expensive, the better quality. COACH is now very popular over in Japan and they are constantly opening more boutiques. Funny, huh?

twinkie2006 said:
hey....where is the resturant Amigo ?? maybe next time i go back to TW i can go there hehehehe......and Sophia, are your parents from Taiwan too ?? :shame:

yep! :yes: both of my parents are from taiwan too. i was born there and raised in america. i have no clue where the restraunt is but i will get directions for you if you need them just pm me :love:

sophia_lv1992 said:
yep! :yes: both of my parents are from taiwan too. i was born there and raised in america. i have no clue where the restraunt is but i will get directions for you if you need them just pm me :love:

sophia, you on your avatar is so pretty....have you considered being a model ? :yes:

twinkie2006 said:
My friend did say that in China, brands such as LV, or Gucci are actually more expensive than other countries, that is why when they have a chance to buy something elsewhere they tend to go overboard:idea:

This is definitely so TRUE! ALLLLLLL designer brands cost hell of a lot, although China recently entered the WTO. The country needs to 'stabilize' itself a lil more before the luxury taxes ease down on designer goods entering the country. But 'how much more' depends on what you buy. Eg. The makeup/skincare company Lancome is really hot now and stuff are like 2-3 TIMES MORE EXPENSIVE! Another eg. my cousin owns an LV Blois which is currently 800$ (before June 12's increase), but she bought it for 10000yuan=1250$US...:rant: YIKES!!! Almost 60% more!!!:shocked:

I've heard that Japan is the biggest consumer of LV. A friend of mine did quite a bit of traveling over there, and said that even the lower-middle class and working girls in Japan skimp on other luxuries to save up for LV bags and wallets.

CEC.LV4eva said:
This is definitely so TRUE! ALLLLLLL designer brands cost hell of a lot, although China recently entered the WTO. The country needs to 'stabilize' itself a lil more before the luxury taxes ease down on designer goods entering the country. But 'how much more' depends on what you buy. Eg. The makeup/skincare company Lancome is really hot now and stuff are like 2-3 TIMES MORE EXPENSIVE! Another eg. my cousin owns an LV Blois which is currently 800$ (before June 12's increase), but she bought it for 10000yuan=1250$US...:rant: YIKES!!! Almost 60% more!!!:shocked:

When I went back to visit my relatives in Taiwan last year, my cousins did mention to me that Lancome cosmetic and skincare products is really expensive and huge there. I was like huh? :shocked: Of all the cosmetic company, why Lancome? :lol: Ok, no offense to the Lancome lovers out there... :angel: And I did notice that the designer goods over at Taipei 101 (mall) cost about 30% more than the goods being sold here in the USA. I'm so glad I'm in CA. :amuse:

I took pics of this book that I found at home a few days ago. Never knew that it'd come in handy.

Attachments

• DSC00825.JPG
    DSC00825.JPG
    122 KB · Views: 146
  • DSC00826.JPG
    DSC00826.JPG
    115.8 KB · Views: 128
  • DSC00847.JPG
    DSC00847.JPG
    115.8 KB · Views: 108
  • DSC00848.JPG
    DSC00848.JPG
    106 KB · Views: 107
  • DSC00849.JPG
    DSC00849.JPG
    105.9 KB · Views: 113
  • DSC00850.JPG
    DSC00850.JPG
    108.1 KB · Views: 104
  • DSC00851.JPG
    DSC00851.JPG
    100.6 KB · Views: 113
  • DSC00852.JPG
    DSC00852.JPG
    110.2 KB · Views: 118
sophia_lv1992 said:
aw that is too sweet mya

yeah, i have considered modeling but parents not care about my aka "dream"
wow.....Sophia I honestly thought you are not "pure" taiwanese, since your features looks a bit different from us :P You really should consider going back to TW and be a model hehehehe...........:yes:

I attend school with a very nice Korean girl whose mother is apparently a brand freak. She doesn't care and mostly wears American Eagle and Abercrombie, but every once in a while she'll wear something that belongs to her mother and it sticks out like a beautiful, polished thumb- i.e. a Chanel shirt, an LV dustbag for her shoes, etc.

btw, did anyone see that on the last season of ANTM the asian girl, Gina, had a Damier bag and a Chanel?

evolkatie said:
I took pics of this book that I found at home a few days ago. Never knew that it'd come in handy.
Wow... some of the girls were toting a keepall while shopping in the city? :roflmfao:

I love the pictures! Thanks evolkatie.

hmm, I guess some asians r really fond of LV.. i am filipino (asian as well) but never really into LV.. I own one.. that's about it... but most of the other Filipinos I know, they always have their LV's.. so I would agree.. even here in the states, it is more of a status symbol..

lol....it's funny the way you all think about the japanese. It's true that we Japanese here love LV goods but it's a habit since young where we all fall in love with quality designer goods. I'm envy sometimes because the stuff that we get here can be lots cheaper in Paris. I'm angry too at the fact that some young teenage girls buy LV stuff because of "status symbol".