• Taurillon cowhide leather M69044

Votes: 5 55.6%
  • Damier Infini Leather Exterior Onyx M63917

Votes: 2 22.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

frankNStein

Apr 16, 2021
Looking to find a pocket organizer as a replacement for a card holder. My preference is leather. I prefer something a bit understated and had it narrowed down to the Epi, Taurillon cowhide leather monogram or Infini in onyx. I plan to use it daily and with a mix of keeping in front or back pocket. I want something that will last and after reading about infini think it is at bottom of list. Thinking either Epi or Taurillon and having trouble deciding as the Taurillon is a bit of a premium price relative to the Epi. I like the look of both. My girlfriend questioned if the monogram was masculine and it made me question that myself as I didn’t prior to her comment. Ultimately, I don’t mind spending money for either item as king as I can expect some longevity from it. I’d be fine with some aging or a patina or creasing as long as item was still functional and didn’t look frumpy. Thanks for looking and any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I personally really like monogram shadow (either black or navy blue) and taurillon (black now available, royal blue this summer). I don't think monogram will be feminine on any of your options. And I'm sure either will hold up pretty well.

How many cards do you plan to carry? If you have 3 cards on the right, and 2 in the business card slot on the left the card case well be well balanced (I'm OCD-ish and it's important to me lol). There are 2 side slots on the inside but I wouldn't recommend stuffing in anymore cards, as there would be an obvious impression in front on the outside. For the same reason I wouldn't recommend using the outside pocket either. But each to their own.

I personally really like monogram shadow (either black or navy blue) and taurillon (black now available, royal blue this summer). I don't think monogram will be feminine on any of your options. And I'm sure either will hold up pretty well.

How many cards do you plan to carry? If you have 3 cards on the right, and 2 in the business card slot on the left the card case well be well balanced (I'm OCD-ish and it's important to me lol). There are 2 side slots on the inside but I wouldn't recommend stuffing in anymore cards, as there would be an obvious impression in front on the outside. For the same reason I wouldn't recommend using the outside pocket either. But each to their own.

Thanks for your input!

Infini is bag-only. It is too soft for any pocket. Will be in bad condition in months. I don't recommend it at all if you plan to keep it in a pocket.
Taurillon is stronger, but still a soft leather. I wouldn't say that the Monogram pattern would make it feminine, I have a different issue with it. Taurillon (just like Nomade and Ombre) is a high-end calf leather. Its beauty is the beautiful natural finish itself, and the more it has of that surface unobstructed, the more luxurious. Putting a pattern all over it kills its sophisticated appeal. It is the Rolly-Royce of cowhide. Now imagine Rolly-Royce with stickers all over it :biggrin: So if I should pick a Taurillon wallet, I'd go with the single-logo version, way more luxurious.
But I'd recommend Épi the most. That is the most pocket friendly, very hard-wearing. And out of all the leathers they sell, I find it to be the 'most Vuitton'.

Infini is bag-only. It is too soft for any pocket. Will be in bad condition in months. I don't recommend it at all if you plan to keep it in a pocket.
Taurillon is stronger, but still a soft leather. I wouldn't say that the Monogram pattern would make it feminine, I have a different issue with it. Taurillon (just like Nomade and Ombre) is a high-end calf leather. Its beauty is the beautiful natural finish itself, and the more it has of that surface unobstructed, the more luxurious. Putting a pattern all over it kills its sophisticated appeal. It is the Rolly-Royce of cowhide. Now imagine Rolly-Royce with stickers all over it :biggrin: So if I should pick a Taurillon wallet, I'd go with the single-logo version, way more luxurious.
But I'd recommend Épi the most. That is the most pocket friendly, very hard-wearing. And out of all the leathers they sell, I find it to be the 'most Vuitton'.

thank you.

I like the look of taurillon in this model the most. I have an Epi brazza wallet that looks pristine after 3 years or so however this only fits in my bags; I don’t know if the same durability would apply to a PO carried in a front/back pocket. Taurillon is a softer (and really luxurious) leather and so I feel it would perhaps last longer with how you’re planning on using it? I only have canvas POs so can’t comment on durability of the leather versions too much I’m afraid. All 3 do look great though!

Reactions: frankNStein
I like the look of taurillon in this model the most. I have an Epi brazza wallet that looks pristine after 3 years or so however this only fits in my bags; I don’t know if the same durability would apply to a PO carried in a front/back pocket. Taurillon is a softer (and really luxurious) leather and so I feel it would perhaps last longer with how you’re planning on using it? I only have canvas POs so can’t comment on durability of the leather versions too much I’m afraid. All 3 do look great though!

I really liked the infini look as it is eloquently understated but It is out due to durability concerns. I like the look of the Taurillon more than the Epi as well, but I know the Epi is bulletproof overall, so that is my dilemma. I don’t want something I have to baby too much and wondered how the Taurillon would hold up.

A royal blue color coming!? :woot:
finally some colors for Taurillon leather!!!

If anyone is interested in what I finally did. I went with the Epi PO. I liked the look of the taurillon PO but decided against it since it seemed more delicate than the Epi. I wanted an everyday carry item that I wouldn’t have to worry about or baby. Thanks for everyone’s input. Also, I liked how understated the Epi was relative to the Taurillon.
I’ll never understand LV ditching plain Taurillon leather PO for the current embossed monogram. LV should provide both plain and embossed. For diversity.
They used to offer plain Taurillon leather PO with black and blue color.