• A classic Hermes... enough said

Votes: 39 88.6%
  • You'd be crazy to let the PM go

Votes: 5 11.4%

• Total voters

doni

O.G.
Oct 10, 2007
So, I have been in the waiting list for the LV PM for a while, and have now got "the call" (quite earlier that what the SA predicted). In the meantime I have been looking at other options and quite unexpectedly have come across a pre-loved pristine condition Hermes Bolide in the smallest size (27) and what I consider a gorgeous color/hw combo (dark green and gold) and the seller has accepted my offer.

Both bags are similar in functionality and capacity so there is no question of me getting both.

So which would you choose?

HBLVPM6.jpg HBLVPM20.jpg HBLVPM11.jpg HBLVPM9876.jpg

Reactions: JazzyMac
bolide all the way! it is classic hermes, once you have a H you will never return to the other bags.

i may be biased here though - I am over here in the UK, we don't like LV anymore over this side of the pond since LV has become a "chavy" symbol since the early-2000s

I got rid of all my LVs long ago, and never looked back :smile:

I think both bags are beautiful but I would say the PM look chic & stylish; and bolide is more elegant and classic even with casual outfit, really depend on your style. Having said that bolide is timeless classic lasting forever, PM might get out of fashion in few years. Bolide gets my vote!

Reactions: doni
The bolide looks a lot like a LV Alma, would hate to spend that type of money for a bag that doesn't stand on its own.

The Bolide definitely stands on its own. It's a perfect bag.

OP, in this case, if you're truly decided on a bag of the size and nature, the Bolide is the better pick. It's easy to dress up or down, you can take it more places than the LV without running the risk of being "flashy". It's also not going to risk the patina on weird parts of the bag. But, just make sure you're decided on it. The 27 is very tiny. The 31 is the "regular" size.