LV Patina??

1. Exclusive early access to the Fendi.com online sale for TPFers! To access, hit the link above, then navigate to Woman and then SALE to get early access before anyone else!
    Dismiss Notice
  1. I purchased my LV speedy 30 at the LV boutique in the South Coast Plaza at the beginning of Nov. Granted I switch bags often, but I thought the handles would kind of be atleast a light golden by now. How long does it take?:amuse:

2. It depends on its exposure to air and sunlight. If you'd like to get a patina faster, you could leave it out. Personally, I prefer the super light look, but to each their own !

And here's some information about patina:
    http://www.hisremnant.org/Vuitton/patina.html

3. That really is a great website about the patina .. thanks so much for that one :biggrin:

4. Someone on another message board said they actually took their LV to a tanning salon to get it darker.

5. I think that's a bit too much :lol: Have to say I'm a fan of patina too :amuse:

6. wow...that is too much...i thought i was bad setting my bag out on the back patio to get a tan...but a salon?! :nuts:

7. It sounds as if your bag hasn't seen enough sun yet to turn the golden-honey color so if you want to speed up the process, place it by a window sill or somewhere where there is a decent amount of sun and switch sides every hour or two so it patinas evenly.

8. Thanks girls. I really appreaciate your help!

9. I have a Batignolles Horizontal that I've carried several times a week since I bought in late October, and it's only now starting to go from pale beige to a peachy color.

10. I received my speedy in December, took it to PV Mexico in January. While in Mexico with all that sun, my bag (the vachetta) is just starting to turn a light peach. Back home here, it will be a few more months before I see the sun. :sad: I must be one of the few who love the look of new vachetta as opposed to those who like it pantina'ed...

11. I love the look of a new vachetta, not too new but I like it new.