LV Palm Springs Mini Backpack Zipper

herrrokittyy

Jan 16, 2018
Hi everyone! The zipper on my PSM backpack is just awful! It doesn't zip smoothly and takes forever to get in and out of the bag. I have already tried using candle wax to smooth it out and it helped a bit but not by too much. Also tried using graphite as well. Does anyone have any other suggestions on how to fix this? I have already searched the forums and everyone seems to recommend graphite and wax/wax paper. I'm pretty bummed by the quality of this bag since it was so expensive and took awhile for me to get ahold of :| but thanks in advance for your help!

I feel they are even harder to zip due to the hidden of the zipper. I had the mini and now the PM and both are difficult but the Mini was worst. I find it a bit easier to keep the zippers at the center top verses zipping and unzipping the entire way around. It does get easier but if you are using it quite a bit and it still is difficult I would recommend taking it into the store. If they find it to be worst than others they can replace the zipper entirely.

Hi everyone! The zipper on my PSM backpack is just awful! It doesn't zip smoothly and takes forever to get in and out of the bag. I have already tried using candle wax to smooth it out and it helped a bit but not by too much. Also tried using graphite as well. Does anyone have any other suggestions on how to fix this? I have already searched the forums and everyone seems to recommend graphite and wax/wax paper. I'm pretty bummed by the quality of this bag since it was so expensive and took awhile for me to get ahold of :| but thanks in advance for your help!

I just recently bought mine and the zipper disappointed me. It's a real struggle when I'm shopping and have to get my purse or phone. I already noticed the zipper problem when I'm still at the boutique and the SA said it's just new and it will get easier when I use it. Still, the bag is pretty and handy. It would be nice if they improve the zipper like all Balenciaga bags. :smile:

Reactions: epeLV
My zipper is still terrible so I never zip it shut all the way when I use the bag. The one thing I don’t like about the bag.

Don’t use a bag charm. That just makes it easier to pull but encourages pulling the zipper from odd angles making it harder to unzip and potentially chewing up the canvas.

I recommend just getting comfortable taking your time opening and closing the bag.

Did they change the zippers on these bags? I had a monogram PSM for years and decided to get the reverse also. It just came but the zipper seems more visible and easier to open/close. I like the look of the zipper being hidden but on the website pictures the zippers seem more exposed. I was going to go to the store to check this out because I got the bag online

Did they change the zippers on these bags? I had a monogram PSM for years and decided to get the reverse also. It just came but the zipper seems more visible and easier to open/close. I like the look of the zipper being hidden but on the website pictures the zippers seem more exposed. I was going to go to the store to check this out because I got the bag online

Yep new model with the zipper addressed. You can do and search and see people who post side by side comparisons of the old and new

Reactions: baggal1234
I just purchased the new Palm Spring Mini. Took over a year! My SA found one for me. Made in France. I love it. Here’s the disappointment. The zipper. A manufacturing and workmanship quality issue. I close the bag and the zipper pull won’t open the bag! The bottom stopper too far away from the zipper. The pull gets stuck. Bag won’t open. I went to the shoe maker for some options. He explained everything.
my SA said she would replace it. When one came in. My question was, do I wait another year or longer for a new one. Or do I let the shoemaker (who does LV bag repairs often) fix it. He said it’s an easy fix and he could easily do it.

Attachments

• 2C1DC89F-8EE1-4188-87FC-CDA45E42E8A3.jpeg
    2C1DC89F-8EE1-4188-87FC-CDA45E42E8A3.jpeg
    142.5 KB · Views: 18
If it were me I'd get a replacement from the store. If it was a wear and tear issue then a reliable repairer if you didn't want to go through LV but a manufacturing issue they've said they'll replace I'd be doing that.

I just received the new version of the PSM. Made in France. The bottom small brass plate too far away from zipper. So when you close bag you can’t open it. Very disappointing. Like nobody checked it before shipping it out. Hmm. Anyway, I went to shoemaker to get options. He’s very good and reliable and does LV bags. He said it’s an easy fix. I can have it back in 2 days. In the meanwhile my SA said I can return it and when a new PSM comes in ( I waited I think almost precovid for this one) she’ll let me know. Because I wanted MIF. I’m not sure what to do. The bag otherwise has no other issues.