LV Palermo side base strap

pastalover

Jan 17, 2019
Hi Ladies,

I have a LV palermo pm, and I noticed that side base of the D ring has some cloth lining under the vachetta leather. Have you come across this?

I bought this preloved in Vancouver BC, the store has a great reputation of selling authentic items.

Thank you

Here is the pic.

Attachments

• E6578E56-A15C-48AA-A93A-D89E5950DCEE.jpeg
    E6578E56-A15C-48AA-A93A-D89E5950DCEE.jpeg
    111 KB · Views: 82
  • BE11A12E-2FD3-4209-A83B-24B6701FF80C.jpeg
    BE11A12E-2FD3-4209-A83B-24B6701FF80C.jpeg
    133.5 KB · Views: 81
Thanks Vanessa84, therefore yours is pure vachetta with no lining cloth.

Any idea why mine has this thing? The clothe is like pulling apart from the vachetta leather

I’ve had bags that did this and was able to just cut it off. I’ve heard of some people burning the little pieces off. I think it’s caused from normal wear and tear. I just don’t think this bag has that issue. Maybe have it double checked?

Hi Ladies,

I have a LV palermo pm, and I noticed that side base of the D ring has some cloth lining under the vachetta leather. Have you come across this?

I bought this preloved in Vancouver BC, the store has a great reputation of selling authentic items.

Thank you

Here is the pic.

Vachetta stretches, so in good quality bags tabs, straps etc. would often be reinforced with a thin strong material that does not stretch - in most cases nylon. To be honest I do not know if LV does this, but I wouldnt be surprised if some production batches have it and some don't. Depends on which factory made this particular bag also. Looks genuine to me.

The fine threads will melt/burn away in a fraction of a second if you touch the flame of lighter to it, but as always, be careful :smile:

Oliver11. Thanks for the info, i went back to modaselle where I purchased the bag, they told me the same thing and even showed that some of the LV bags has it, they showed me the sully bag. So its usual for some of the bags. They also use a 3rd party authentication entrupy and yes it deed authentic bag :smile: I’m relieved now

If you have authenticity concerns you should have it authenticated yourself. Members aren’t supposed to authenticate. There’s a special thread for authenticating in the lv forum.