LV Padlocks: Do your padlocks have the #312, 318, 3xx, etc? Anybody have 448 or 4xx?

o_luxurious

Oct 5, 2008
I had a LV Monogram Speedy with a padlock with the number 448. I bought the bag last year from a trusted eBay seller who has sold many authentic LV's in the past. I recently sold it and the buyer is questioning the number on the padlock. I never questioned the number when I had it nor did I question the authenticity of the bag because I know how to tell the difference and I do have other LV bags that I bought from LV stores to "compare".

The lock only says

(R)
LOUIS VUITTON
PARIS

After the buyer contacted me about this and did a quick search online for other padlocks. They all have the number starting in the 300's like 312, 318, 317, and have the words "made in France" under the "PARIS".

Any padlock experts out there to solve this mystery?

Please ask your buyer to post pics in the Authenticate This LV thread or if you still have pics of the lock and box, please post there :smile:

Since this bag is a 2009 bag, I'm assuming 448 is a padlock made by LV recently. Does anybody else think so??

Here are the pictures:

51016992.jpg

82251741.jpg

25730759.jpg

*In the last picture with the keys, they have the number 448 on the back under the "D" hole. I just took the picture flipped over I guess. I didn't know the numbers were a big deal.

As seen above, it's not a brushed finish, it's brass and shiny just like others I've seen.

Any thoughts?

Hi, I was just asking the same question!! I have the same lock as pictured. No Made IN France engraving and the number is 443 as well. It is on a damier 30 speedy and it did come in a brown box. I know that my bag is authentic because I bought it at the boutique around 2-3 weeks ago. If anyone else can confirm this, that would be great as well.

Hi guys, I just got my damier ebene speedy 30 from bf for Valentine's day. My padlock number is 440, and the keys are engraved with the number 440 as well, it came in a brown box, and the lock says:
(R)
LOUIS VUITTON
PARIS
I know my bag is authentic because it came from the boutique with the gift box and official receipt and material cards found in the bag. Hope this helps =]

Reactions: Tator Taut 1211
Thank you m8875 and miSzjn! I'm SOOOO glad I found other people who have numbers in the 400's!!
This gives me some kind of assurance. I have the receipt from the LV boutique, and cards, etc too and I know the bag is definitely authentic.

I'm still thinking that LV started to make more padlocks and the numbers just went up to 400's. This bag was bought in late October of 2009, so it's recent, and the bag is a 2009 bag.

Can anyone confirm this?? My buyer is still skeptical!

Hi, I think so too. The date code on my bag tells me that my bag was made in December 09 as well. So i think it's a new thing.

I just checked the lock on my Mon Monogram Speedy and it it's like you described and #442!

Thank you so much, ladies!! 4xx padlocks DO exist! :biggrin: Do you think if I called any SA at a LV boutique, they would know for sure and confirm this?

i think new speedies have 4xx my all other speedies have 3xx, but the new one's -that i bought 3 weeks ago- padlock number is 450 and doesn't write made in france as well also for sure it is authentic i bought it from a lvstore