LV Padlock

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Nordstrom Spring Sale is now live! Serious savings on customer favorites - up to 40% off with free shipping and free returns. Shop the sale!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I know this may sound stupid, but I recently bought (actually my lovely husband bought it for me :biggrin:) an Alma PM, and while I was out using it today it occurred to me that perhaps I should take the padlock off the zipper. Then I got wondering what others do with their padlocks? - take them off? or leave them on?

I only have one other bag that came with one - it's a tiny bag (I don't know the name of it but it looks like a miniature Speedy in black multicolor) and the padlock just looked wrong left on so I took it off that bag.

Also, I'm assuming that NOBODY would actually lock their bag - or do they?

2. I have 2 speedys and i take the locks off because if you don't, the leather where the lock is will get discolored and the hole will sag. I hear that a lot of people take the locks off their bags when they aren't using them.

3. I leave my locks on my bags. And I do sometimes use the locks to "lock" the zipper; it depends upon the situation/location.

4. I never leave the locks on. It gets in the way, and unless you actually are travelling, you don't really need it :biggrin:

5. Me too. :biggrin: I usually lock the bag when I put it away at work.

Most times, I take the lock off the bag when I come home.

6. I leave it on. I like the way it looks

7. All my locks are stored away, as I usually don't use them.
    When I know I will be using them, I take them out.

8. i leave the lock on... and I don't use the lock at all

9. i keep the lock on but don't ever lock my bag. however, when I am not using the bag & storing it in the box, I take the lock off.