+++ LV owners, how old are you ? +++

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
?

How old are you?

1. younger than 18

2. 18 - 25

3. 26-30

4. 31-35

5. 36-40

6. 41-45

7. 50 and above

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Hey everyone, I just wanted to get a rough estimate of the age group we have going on here. I realized that in different parts of the world owning an expensive bag, really differs amoung age groups.

For example, in the middle east, especially in the Gulf Countries (Qatar, Saudi Arabia, UAE, Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman), children and teenagers as young as 13 are carrying LV, Chanel, etc. I study in the UK, and brought several of my bags, accessories, etc. with me. I can safely say that 98% of the people that I hang out with, or have gotten to know, dont own a designer/expensive bag, and find it fascinating that I own a few. However when I go back home, walking down the mall, 2 out of 5 girls would be carrying a designer bag. That being so, I didnt want to come across being up myself or a snob to my friends in university. Luckly, they dont think that way about me, but they still tease me about being rich (which personally i dont really like, as it makes me feel im being looked at differently.) I'm sure it has to do with lifestyle, and the environment we were raised in.

I take it that most of the people on this forum are from the US, UK, and Southeast Asia. From this fact, it interests me to see the difference between what I am very used to seeing, to what is happening else where.

Feel free to share your thoughts on this matter as well.
    Thanks!!:heart:

2. I live in the UK and I am 37. I have not been in a position to buy designer bags till now. I have 5 children and I focused my money on them. Now they are getting older I don't mind treating myself.

I live in a smallish house, drive an average car and am not rich :smile: I feel at the age I am its time to have some nice things for me, without feeling guilty. We definitely have more money now than when we were younger.

3. #3 Jan 11, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2009
    USA (Hawaii)
    married
    1 daughter 9yrs

I did not get into owning LV till my late 30's...prior to this I treated myself to Coach and bought more jewlery....I have many passions and consider myself a "tomboy" till this day..its hard to keep my daily driver purse in pristine condition as I may be working on cars one day...out shooting my rifles/handguns...or being girly and putting in some quality shopping time!....I do see here lots of younger LV owners (teens to in their 20's) but they normally sport the pochette....a high percentage of the Asian travler that visits Hawaii will sport LV!

I wonder if its more lifestyle that impacts ownership? Might help if we state hobbies/interests!

4. Hey everyone I realized that I forgot to put in 46-49, whoever is in that category, please vote under 41-45. I am very sorry once again!!

:heart: maisiebelle - thanks for taking the time to reply. I do agree with you, that when there are other factors that are of greater importance such as raising a family, spending money on designer items just seems silly. I think its wonderful that you were able to put family before yourself. I admire that. Now it is time to pamper and spoil yourself :biggrin:.

:heart: deem0nessa - thank you for shaing and replying to my post. I couldn't agree with you more. Without a doubt hobbies and interest does come into account. I just assumed that most of the individuals here are probably around the same wavelength when it comes to shopping and interests in designer items.

5. I'm 22, and have been collecting for a few years. I'm a student, and I pay it all myself, so my collection is quiet humble. But I love it! :love:

6. Thank you. I always wanted nice things but knew I would have to wait for them. My husband bought me a gorgeous diamond ring last year to replace my engagment ring. Its beautiful. We could never have afforded that kind of jewellery before. :heart:

7. I am 24 and have been collecting since I was 17 and got my first job. I see alot of people my age with LVs, but mostly its the mono speedy.

8. I'm 15, almost 16 and own 5 LV items. I am not rich by anymeans, (my parents, both teachers make about $115,00 before taxes yearly.) We have one new car (a present from my grandmother) and one old one. We live in an older, small 2 bd. rm. 1 bath house. My parents and I go on vacation every year, and spend as much as 2 months in europe. My parents would rather spend $30,000 a year traveling the world than living in a large house and driving new cars. To each his own. I am glad that my parents decided to travel. The things I have experienced wth them are worth more to me than LV or a large house. Thats just me though... :smile:

9. I'm 15, almost 16 and own 5 LV items (Keepall 50, Scarf, Sunglasses, Toiletries bag, and Mini Pochette). I am not rich by anymeans, (my parents, both teachers make about $115,00 before taxes yearly.) We have one new car (a present from my grandmother) and one old one (which was a present from my grandfather). We live in an older, small 2 bd. rm. 1 bath house. My parents and I go on vacation every year, and spend as much as 2 months in europe. My parents would rather spend $30,000 in a year traveling the world than living in a large house and driving new cars. To each his own. I am glad that my parents decided to travel. The things I have experienced wth them are worth more to me than my small LV collection or a large house. Thats just me though... :smile:

10. i'm 20 years of atm. but turning 21 this year! aaahhh!
    from Sunny Singapore. ;)
    my mom bought me my first LV purse 1 month after my 19th birthday. :smile: :smile:

11. #11 Jan 11, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2009
    I'm 22 years old, been collecting LV since I've been 18. Still going to school, full time retail semi-management position. Own three LV bags (fixing to be four tomorrow), and an assortment of accessories. :tup:

12. I am 20, also studying, and live in the UK. I have been collecting since I was 18 and paid for everything via working (I have a full time management job and study full time). I have a collection of 6 bags and several SLGs and other items.

13. I am 21 and have a few LV's :P been collecting since 19.

14. I'm 24, live in the US and have been collecting since I was 22. I paid for everything myself. I have a very expensive sport which doesn't allow me to buy LV very often. I only have 5 items!

15. Ooh I live in the UK and I am 37 too however I have 2 children (and think you're a saint for managing with 5! I find my 2 hard enough sometimes!).

I got my first LV when I was 27 so I've been a fan for a while. I don't have that many though as over the last 10 years I've sold a few but at present I have 3 Monogram (Ellipse, Speedy 30 and Musette) and 1 Damier (Speedy 30). I'm also a Mulberry fan and currently have 10 of those.

I'm hoping to add a few more of everything to my collection this year but I think I definitely want a Monogram Neverfull as I would like an LV bag to sling on my shoulder and this is my favourite.