LV or Gucci??

I would go for the LV, the quality is 1000 times better than Gucci, a friend of mine has bought a Gucci bag 2 years ago (for 1250 euros!) and it looks like crap now, seriously. I also think LV is much more timeless than Gucci, and the prices are better ;). Let us know what you decided!!

LV is far superior than Gucci in terms of craftmansship. The vintage Gucci pieces are fine, but the stuff they make nowadays is crap. And I agree with what shesaiddestroy said regarding the timelessness of an LV over that of Gucci.

Love LV because its so timeless, but the Gucci Chain is a also a classic piece so I dont think that bag will be going on sale anytime soon?
As for wear and tear on the Gucci, I just bought my first Gucci Wave in Tan so I wont know how it holds up. I do know my aunt has a black fabric Gucci bag, which looks a little faded if I dont say so myself. But who knows, it just seems LV gets better with time since its leather and all. So I would say LV all the way! Love all of mine!

LV for sure. I have a bunch of Gucci and they do not hold up as well as LV. I almost never use my Gucci and if I try to sell them I would get close to nothing for them.

Go for the Azur Saleya MM
Sammy005.jpg

I think your whole dilemma is "Should I buy the purse that will have more value in it later, or should I buy the purse that I like right now?" If you are constantly changing purses because what you like always changes, I say go for the LV. But if your style is pretty much the same, and you really like the Gucci, I say Gucci. It won't matter if LV will sell more later because you will have what you really want, and that may stay in your closet for years, even if it is discontinued/goes on sale/etc. Thats how I feel about my Christian Dior Rasta. She may be discontinued, and sometimes I think I should sell her, but when I take her out, shes just so pretty, I end up keeping her.

It'd be interesting if the same question was posed in the Gucci forum - I'm sure the responses would be a little different (different biased audiences!).

Personally, I just don't see the value as much in Gucci. I find their regular price points too high to stomach, it's only when they go on sale that I would make my move. I'd go for LV, always for LV unless there's a piece that you've always wanted and it's priced well

LV definitely - especially in the higher end lines like suhali. I went to Gucci over the summer and their mainstream monogram line really looked like crap. The fabric was so thin and the GGs didn't line up at the seams and there was a lot of puckering at the seams. I bet the fakes are made better:nogood: