LV or CL's?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hi guys! I am just wondering about all the ladies on here. I know we all have no problem spending $$ on a beautiful bag, but would you spend that much on a pair of shoes? I am looking at some Christian Louboutin shoes.. but sometimes catch myself and feel guilty spending that money on something that goes on my feet.
    I LOVE SHOES... but are shoes that are $600+ a little much?

Would you spend the same about on a bag as you would for a pair of shoes?

2. Good question. I think the same thing. Would love to know opinions on this also!

3. No. I would get the Loubs.

4. nope, i dont really splurge as much on shoes as i do on bags. mainly b/c i have flat feet as well as being hella clumsy so im pretty rough on shoes LOL!

5. Really?! Can I ask for what reason M56714?

6. Thanks for your input LVjudy!

7. I am like LVjudy. I don't spend near as much on shoes as I do on bags. Don't get me wrong CL are beautiful. However I am a stay at home mom and rarely go out. I pass on the CL and go for the LV.

8. I don't spend as much on my shoes as my bags.

I do wear high heels everyday and I would need to find the perfect pair of CLs that could withstand a 10 hour day like my BCBGs! I don't think that is going to happen...

9. Yes I spend a lot on shoes. I have to love them though. The most I've spent on a pair of shoes has been a little over $2K (they were Louboutins)

10. first i would go for CL for sure
    becuz they make the best shoes!!

and as for money...
    if u do have that extra money to spend
    shoes are for sure very important in life!
    i love shoes!!
    haha but i would get a nice bag first and if i still have money then a nice pair of shoes...
    a good pair of shoes can take you to good places!
    haah thats my moto!

11. #11 Feb 13, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2010
    If you're contemplating on getting a pair of CL's, you should look for them on sale. I've seen a few pairs recently that were discounted to around the $300 range. I've been wanting a pair as well but i won't be going crazy and buying multiple pairs (i'd start to feel guilty then). I think one or two pairs would be enough to suffice my appetite.

12. Hellokitty, I feel the same way. I have also been looking at ebay for a slightly used pair. I recently ordered a pair from Saks, and I received them and I didn't see what was so amazing about them. Yes, they are beautiful.. but I don't know if they are $800 beautiful.

13. CL's if already have a good rotation of bags.

I find it hard to spend that much on a pair of shoes too, especially since they get scuffed up so easily. But when they're on my feet, I feel hot! :smile:

14. I love shoes as much as I love bags, but seeing as the CLs will eventually end up on sale (LV will not), I'd get the bag and get the CLs when they go on sale.

15. I wouldn't. I think it's because I get more use out of purses and I have small and wide feet so it's hard for me to find shoes that are comfortable