LV or CHANEL?

I love my Chanel but I own more LV's. I think LV is maybe a bit more on the casual side except for Epi & Suhali. I always considered Chanel a dressier bag until the Cambon line & some other new recent styles have come out. I think it is fabulous that now it is more common to see both brands being worn dressed up & casually.

I don't really like Chanel bags.... they aren't my style, they seem kind of "older" to me, and I'm just not a fan of quilted. Plus they are ridonkulously expensive. LV for me!

I have bags from both collections but I say LV.
Chanel doesn't continuously release new bags that I like all the time like LV does..so after I get the ones I want (the last one was the Valentine hobo), I don't really keep going into the boutique as much.
For example, we just had the trunk show here and I wasn't really impressed with the pieces. I think my collection is well represented with the Ligne Cambons and the 2.55 etc. so I haven't really found anything else that I *really* want yet.
It's a whole different story with LV though..I have a continuous list of things I want to get :heart:

Lvbabydoll said:
I have bags from both collections but I say LV.
Chanel doesn't continuously release new bags that I like all the time like LV does..so after I get the ones I want (the last one was the Valentine hobo), I don't really keep going into the boutique as much.
For example, we just had the trunk show here and I wasn't really impressed with the pieces. I think my collection is well represented with the Ligne Cambons and the 2.55 etc. so I haven't really found anything else that I *really* want yet.
It's a whole different story with LV though..I have a continuous list of things I want to get :heart:

The overnight collection is beautiful have you seen it?

Saks is closed down here untill November and when they were opened they only sold Chanel shoes and accessories:sad: I could never get my hands on any actual bags. I guess I'll wait untill I reach the Bal Harbour Shops:biggrin:

As a Chanel AND LV lover, I must say, LV has a lot more variety and can be a lot of fun, BUT Chanel bags I find are much more functional and comfortable to carry. Chanel's customer service is far better too. (in my experiences)

MiroirPrincess said:
The overnight collection is beautiful have you seen it?

Yeah..I did kind of like that one..not enough to buy anything from it though. :hrmm:
I really wanted the ring that looked like the LV Inclusion one but my store is completely sold out and according to this really snotty sales rep from NY who was here for the trunk show, they couldn't order it.
I think if I'd talked to my regular SA, Mariela, she would have found one right then like she usually does.

mmmmm chanel. love the classic flap, not so crazy about most of their other styles. there are a lot more LV shapes that i care for, but if i could only have ONE bag ever, it'd be a classic flap. not that i have one NOW, but you know. :biggrin:

My handbag addiction began with LV (my first bag was the white MC pochette), after acquiring many pieces (mostly epi-leather) I experimented with Chloe and Balenciaga this year. My next handbag will definitely be a Chanel, I never thought it was for me but I recently tried one on (flap bag with stitching around the edges, cowhide leather) and it looked great with jeans! It was ~$2500 though so that will be a bag for the end of this year since I already went beyond my handbag limit for this year!