LV on the airplane

I have a canvas grocery bag.. one of the original ones from sobeys.. I stuff my speedy in it.. it works out well because when I get home I can just toss it in the washer and its ready for the next trip.

I started using this when we would go to the in laws and I packed the kids extra clothes in for the pool. Its worked out well.

i put mine into a tray to go through security and usually put a magazine or something on the floor underneath it, always end up forgetting the dustbag but this has worked ok for me x

Same here. The last time I flew, I used my Epi Petit Noe... planning on using my Keepall 50 now I have it.

I actually have never used my Keepall to fly. I have a Monogram 45 and I almost took it with me when I went to Greece last September, but I was too scared that the vachetta would get damaged somehow, and so I ended up using my Monogram PDV instead. I think I was worried about the combination of dirty airport seats/the security scanner and the possibility of sunscreen etc getting near the vachetta when I arrived! I will have to get over the fear - so far I've only used it for overnighters, weekends away and occasionally as an everyday bag.

Hello gals & guys,
This is probably a silly question cause I've never travelled on the plane with LV (LV newbie here), are you travelling on business/first class? Or economy class? I would like to get a keepall for travel, but am usually travelling on economy when I'm on the plane. Thanks! :smile:

Hello gals & guys,
This is probably a silly question cause I've never travelled on the plane with LV (LV newbie here), are you travelling on business/first class? Or economy class? I would like to get a keepall for travel, but am usually travelling on economy when I'm on the plane. Thanks! :smile:

I almost always travel economy. I was once surprised with first class to Disney, but that's been it. I've never had any issues with LVs in any class though! I had said earlier they always let me keep them on my lap and that's been true of all class levels.

I actually have never used my Keepall to fly. I have a Monogram 45 and I almost took it with me when I went to Greece last September, but I was too scared that the vachetta would get damaged somehow, and so I ended up using my Monogram PDV instead. I think I was worried about the combination of dirty airport seats/the security scanner and the possibility of sunscreen etc getting near the vachetta when I arrived! I will have to get over the fear - so far I've only used it for overnighters, weekends away and occasionally as an everyday bag.

Mine is a vintage one with a lovely patina so I'm less nervy, if mine was virgin white vachetta, no sir-ee would I put it anywhere near a plane :lol:
And Bc88, I've only ever flown first-class with immediate family a few times, rest of the time I'm economy- I'd rather the money be spent on shopping than cushy seats/wine :P

I almost always travel economy. I was once surprised with first class to Disney, but that's been it. I've never had any issues with LVs in any class though! I had said earlier they always let me keep them on my lap and that's been true of all class levels.

I've never been allowed to hold my LV on my lap during take-off or landing. :shucks:

I always try and a flight attendant always comes by and asks me to stow my bag under the seat in front of me.

I've never been allowed to hold my LV on my lap during take-off or landing. :shucks:

I always try and a flight attendant always comes by and asks me to stow my bag under the seat in front of me.

Maybe I just always get lucky? I never have once had to put it away, no matter what bag I've had - LV or not! Hmm..I'm praying my streak continues!

So - having done this TWICE now with my pomme alma - let me give you a hint: take the dustbag.
When you are on the airplane, I put the bag in the dustbag, and put it under the seat in front of me (I don't trust it overhead, as I might not be first to the overhead locker and what do you do if someone steals it or damages it trying to fit their cheap luggage in there!).

It has survived two trips with no damage. And I would take it travelling with me again.

This is exactly what I do and what I did this am on the plane, I've never had a security person tell me to take my bag out of the dustbag, and I would have debated and fought with him regarding why I needed to take it out and yes people on the plane will look at you a little strange, but once they see the name on the dustbag, they nod in understand, I also carry a large LL Bean tote and depending on the size of the bag will put my LV (in its dustbag) inside there

Ditto! This is always the case for me too :shrugs:

Maybe I just always get lucky? I never have once had to put it away, no matter what bag I've had - LV or not! Hmm..I'm praying my streak continues!

This is my sister...either she's lucky too or I dunno????
She traveled w/ her Niege Empreinte Artsy (which I would be nervous if that's me) also w/ her Idylle speedy and never have to put it under the seat!

This is my sister...either she's lucky too or I dunno????
She traveled w/ her Niege Empreinte Artsy (which I would be nervous if that's me) also w/ her Idylle speedy and never have to put it under the seat!

Now I'm getting nervous for my next trips! At least I have my Baggu bags for protection if I ever need to...but I don't want to let my babies under those seats! :lol:

Pfft, my keepall just gets plopped wherever haha. It's still in great condition and it's been on the belts, on the airport floor, the airplane floor, just not the bathroom floor lol

I put in in the plastic tubes when i'm at the airport, on its side with my scarf or sweater over it to protect it. and on the plane, i put a magazine on the floor and put my speedy on top of it. or i bring a fold away shopping tote or plastic bag and put my bag in it. when going to restroom on plane my husband watches my bag, or i take it with me if i am traveling alone.