LV no longer heat stamps bags ???

In Hawaii (Oahu... I'm not sure about the other islands), they'll only heat stamp smaller items like luggage tags, agendas, wallets, etc. No bags. I asked a few SAs. They weren't unfriendly, just stating their policy.

Could someone explain what heat stamping is please?

http://forum.purseblog.com/louis-vuitton-clubhouse/the-heat-stamped-club-39938.html

it's a free service provided by louis vuitton, to personalize your leather goods. typically done on small leather goods, luggage tags, agendas, etc.. stamping is also available on other goods like belts, purses, etc. item you bring in doesn't have to be new or old, as long as it's authentic and that it's flat enough for it to go in the machine to do.

most global stores do this on the spot.. usually takes about 3-5 business days..

otherwise they send your bag/item in to the nearest global store to get it done. it usually takes 1-2 weeks.

the link i provided above is to the heat stamp club in the clubhouse. you can see what it is exactly by example. it's basically your initials (or whatever) stamped with heat into the leather. color is an option, or you can just have it clear. a few font sizes are available, and a multitude of colors are available as well.