LV newbie needs help on first store purchase ;)

Trish0805

LV addict newbie
Mar 8, 2014
Hi members of TPF, finally I had saved up enough $$$ to buy me a new purse ;). My budget is $2000 . Any opinions on what I should look at?
And I heard that when you go to a LV store at another state other than where you live you get them tax-free?

My must-haves are
1. Shoulder straps since I have little kids, need to be able to throw the purse on my shoulder
2. Enough to fit my iPad Air
3. Either monogram or DE so that I won't have to worry about the leather getting dark

I was thinking of either the delightful or neverfull mm, or the Verona pm if it would fit the iPad.

Thank you so much for your help guys.

Hi members of TPF, finally I had saved up enough $$$ to buy me a new purse ;). My budget is $2000 . Any opinions on what I should look at?
And I heard that when you go to a LV store at another state other than where you live you get them tax-free?

My must-haves are
1. Shoulder straps since I have little kids, need to be able to throw the purse on my shoulder
3. Either monogram or DE so that I won't have to worry about the leather getting dark

I was thinking of either the delightful or neverfull mm, or the Verona pm if it would fit the iPad.

Congrats on getting your first bag! Regarding the sales tax, it only applies if the state where you live does not have an LV. You might have to have it shipped to your home to get it without the tax... I am not sure of the specifics, as I have never been able to take advantage of this!

Otherwise, you have a nice budget set aside. I would definitely try on lots of bags and take your time in deciding. Consider your lifestyle, what kind of bag you need and what looks best on you. GLD! :smile:

My must-haves are

As far as the no tax goes, it only works if you live in a state where there is no LV store. Example- Iowa, Wyoming, Montana (all I can think of for now)
I'd suggest a Totally MM or NF MM if you are ok with no zippers and you'd still have enough for a wallet! :smile:

My must-haves are

Congrats on your first LV purchase. I have a soft spot for the Delightful MM. It will definitely fit an iPad mini with room to spare. The Sully MM would also be nice .
Good luck and let us know which bag that you choose.

My piece of advice is take your time! I know when I go into and LV store my mind just starts racing and I feel all of my patience (and common sense!) go out the window. Look at all the bags, and even some you maybe didn't consider before. Just made sure that when you leave the store that you are confident in what you chose and you looked at all of your options. If you don't find the a bag that day, don't settle. LV come out with new designs quite often. Good Luck and have fun! :woohoo:

Thank you all. Your advices are very usefull and made me think a lot. This is why I came to TPF for all advises. ;) I live in MD but will be going to the store at Tyson's Corner 2 in VA next week. I'm so very excited. ;))

As far as the no tax goes, it only works if you live in a state where there is no LV store. Example- Iowa, Wyoming, Montana (all I can think of for now)
I'd suggest a Totally MM or NF MM if you are ok with no zippers and you'd still have enough for a wallet! :smile:

That what I was thinking too ;). And one plus for the NF is that it comes with the pouch that would be great for keys and changes. ;D thanks for your opinion.

I personally love the Sully. It's very well made and has a zipper. I think the Totally is also a good option- also very well made, has a zipper, and very practical bag for moms.

BUT I agree with the girls above- if you get a Delightful or Neverfull MM, you can get a wallet too! Of the two, I prefer the Delightful.

Thank you all. Your advices are very usefull and made me think a lot. This is why I came to TPF for all advises. ;) I live in MD but will be going to the store at Tyson's Corner 2 in VA next week. I'm so very excited. ;))
My vote is for the Delightful. But, I do have a Neverfull MM Mono and I love it! There is a reason why it is so popular but I do get tired of seeing it everywhere.

I go to Tyson's for my LV fixes, too! Hope you have a great time.