LV Newbie: Epi Speedy or Alma?

<<-----Red Epi Speedy 25!!!!!!!!!!!

I've only had mine since this past Fri. but I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:heart:

Originally when I seen the Epi Speedy in the store, the opening of the 25 kinda scared me. The SA said it would open wider with use.

Neway, I took the plunge and got it in RED. I am VERY critical of bag openings! I go with functionality 1st. (Being able to get in and out of my bags is HIGHLY important). Now with the Epi Speedy, I don't know if it's because I LOVE THE RED so much OR what...

........but.......

I find the opening to open fine. Ya, it's a bit narrow, and it is somewhat tighter than the mono, damier, speedies, or whatever...But now that I've used it a few days...I really isn't a issue. (And that's saying alot for me...) I've returned bags in the past for not opening well. :Push:

I do love Speedy 30 :heart: just bcos I prefer the big bag for everyday use :shame:
If you're not sure about which one is better, you should try both @ LV shop :yes:
Absolutely, RED EPI is very HOT :yahoo: anyway.

Hi there and welcome! I too am new to LV. I have had my black Epi Alma for a week and my red Epi Speedy 30 for one day (YAY ME!) I wanted something from the Epi line and "NEEDED" a black and red bag; however, I could not decide either whether to get the Alma in black and Speedy in red or vice versa. Thanks to Ms. BagsnBags, I decided to keep the Alma in black and purchased the Speedy 30 in red yesterday. I too prefer easy access to bags and the Alma is great. As for the Speedy, I opted to purchase the Speedy 30 because I could barely get my clamshell sunglass case into the opening of the Speedy 25. Hope this helps....

Hi there and welcome! I too am new to LV. I have had my black Epi Alma for a week and my red Epi Speedy 30 for one day (YAY ME!) I wanted something from the Epi line and "NEEDED" a black and red bag; however, I could not decide either whether to get the Alma in black and Speedy in red or vice versa. Thanks to Ms. BagsnBags, I decided to keep the Alma in black and purchased the Speedy 30 in red yesterday. I too prefer easy access to bags and the Alma is great. As for the Speedy, I opted to purchase the Speedy 30 because I could barely get my clamshell sunglass case into the opening of the Speedy 25. Hope this helps....

OMG ..you got your speedy??? show us the pics..love eye candy...don't forget to join sexy red club...congrats on your speedy...

Yes, I did - thanks to you Ms. BagsnBags! It does look great in red. I also purchased the Koala Wallet in red - should work with the black alma as well! The only thing I was disappointed with is that they have changed hardware (now only in silver). I don't mind silver so much; however, I loved your idea of the charms on your bags and wanted to purchase the Pastilles Multicolore Chains Key ring/bracelet, which they had draped across the bags at the store. Unfortunately, they only come in gold - BUMMER! BUT I JUST LOVE, LOVE, LOOOVVVEEE MY RED BAG! I will post pics soon! Thanks again....

Yes, I did - thanks to you Ms. BagsnBags! It does look great in red. I also purchased the Koala Wallet in red - should work with the black alma as well! The only thing I was disappointed with is that they have changed hardware (now only in silver). I don't mind silver so much; however, I loved your idea of the charms on your bags and wanted to purchase the Pastilles Multicolore Chains Key ring/bracelet, which they had draped across the bags at the store. Unfortunately, they only come in gold - BUMMER! BUT I JUST LOVE, LOVE, LOOOVVVEEE MY RED BAG! I will post pics soon! Thanks again....

I can't wait for the pics..Luvcrazed got her red speedy with gold hardware because she asked for it. I think they stilll have some with gold hardware..don't afraid to ask it's your $$$

WOW! You guys have been so helpful - THANKS ALOT!!!! I loved everyone's comments. It seems the LV addicts are really into practicality. And that is what I need in my life right now with 2 boys, running around to school, soccer and everywhere else.

I actually met the manager of LV ready to wear & accessories at a Manolo Blahnik luncheon last week (we sat next to each other). I am going to meet her at the store and hopefully she will introduce me to everything great about Louis! Is there anything really TDF that I should ask to see?

Ok, definitely red speedy, but did I see somebody mention mandarin? Orange is one of my favorite colors but I know red is so in this year. Yikes - what am I getting myself into?

BTW, she actually had a rather large monogram bag that could either be carried by the handles or by a long shoulder strap. I loved her red epi agenda and that is what really got me interested.

I can't wait for the pics..Luvcrazed got her red speedy with gold hardware because she asked for it. I think they stilll have some with gold hardware..don't afraid to ask it's your $$$

Yep, mine has the gold hardware. But uhh...I believe I got the last 1 in the U.S. w/ the gold. That's according to the 866vuitton. She thought there was maybe 2. But then said..no. She later called me back saying she found me the last one.

But you never know...Sometimes people may return a red epi w/ gold, or they might've overlooked one somewhere. I'd still call and try...you never know. :yes:

GOOD LUCK!! and Congrats on your new purchases!!!!!!!!!!!;)

Thank you LuvCrazed! I saw your bag the other day and just had to have it. Although I had the SA call around for me yesterday, I did my own calling around today and - no luck, BUMMER! :Push: One SA did mention that she has received a few call regarding the hardware and it was suggested that perhaps LV would consider in the future making both hardware tones or at least have a "special order" available for the gold. Anyway, the bags still look great and I thank all of you for helping decide. I will post pics soon.

Maxter - I too have two boys and occasionally have action figures in my bag and other kids stuff! Larger bags are practical....Update us on your purchase!

I like the shape of the speedy better but, i also love the mandarin color! but unfortunetly that color is discontinued. maybe u can call 866 and see if they still have any pieces in that color left

I actually met the manager of LV ready to wear & accessories at a Manolo Blahnik luncheon last week (we sat next to each other). I am going to meet her at the store and hopefully she will introduce me to everything great about Louis!

How exciting! LV and Manolo Blahnik . . . dreamy :girlsigh:

I would vote for the alma--I love the alma in red.

Can't wait to hear about your shopping trip!