LV Neverfull PM or Dooney Dr. Satchel

EmilyAnne_SD

Blessings all around
Jan 30, 2007
I'm debating on which one to buy--the LV Neverfull PM or Dooney Dr. Satchel in Marine. I've been looking for a handheld navy bag so when I saw the Dooney one, I was :drool:. Then I saw the Neverfull, and I was :drool:. Both are somewhat "similar" in price--$425 and $575. I prefer handheld bags and I think both can be carried this way. I just can't decide which one to get. What is your vote? Thanks for your help!

p11555466_ph_hero.jpg
MB454_l.jpg

'll be honest. Dooney goes on sale, and LV doesn't. So if you are looking for a bag that will hold it's resale value, then buy the LV. You'll probably be able to buy the Dooney at outlets within the next year or so for about 30% off, if not more.

Regarding appearance, the Dooney looks more professional and the neverfull more casual. Maybe you should try a speedy?

This may be a dumb question, but why is the neverfull so cheap? For such a decent sized bag it's really an excellent price? You guys know something about it that I don't?

It looks like great style and I definitely think you should go for it!!! The Dooney is nice but I agree with pp's, you'll be able to eventually get it for a lot cheaper if you still want it in the long run.

The only thing about the LV is that the handles look very thin. I really don't see it as much of a hand-held bag because of that. Also, it looks like it just has a center top closure which may be a concern if you are worried about keeping things inside. I think the Dooney is more interesting style-wise and I like the color. It really depends on what type of look you are going for. Dooney does go on sale, but I would consider which bag I want rather than that. Personally, I would go with the Dooney... but I don't carry logo bags so take that with a grain of salt!!