LV Neverfull - A Bad Choice?

No need to give yourself so much credit as to have ‘hit a nerve’. Er, no.
Just pointing out, since you’re relatively new, that this isn’t a site that supports carrying counterfeit.

It's self righteous people like you that keeps "newbies" like me from posting on sites like this. You can deny it all you want but you're a damn bully.

Reactions: Weng_sav
It's self righteous people like you that keeps "newbies" like me from posting on sites like this. You can deny it all you want but you're a damn bully.
You feel getting a) feedback on your estimation of how bothersome your burn is/isn’t to me and b)pushback on whether counterfeits are no big deal constitutes ‘damn bullying’. People feel how they feel. So it’s okay. How I feel, meanwhile, is, if you say something snarky (your ooo, sorry I hit such a nerve there comment) and you get something snarky in return but that clearly wouldn’t have been said if not for the first, that that hardly defines bullying, so as I pointed out a week ago, we’ll just disagree.

You know everyone’s posting history is readily available...?Feel free to comb mine for all the ‘damn bullying’. When you don’t find what’s not there, stop derailing the thread. It’s been what, a week? No, it’s not it’s a shade ‘bully’ itself to keep coming back to revive the beef despite no one having said anything to you.
So for the second time, I have to say sorry what was wanted to be a NV thread has been derailed.
You can start a different thread of your own, you know...?

Reactions: Steph1377
Hi Ladies! Reporting back on my LV shopping trip this past Saturday!

My mom and I went out for a nice girls lunch and afterward we hit the Louis Vuitton boutique. To be honest, I was a little nervous going in. I didn’t know what to expect. I was worried they might have a look at my well-worn Dooney & Bourke bag and last year’s J. Crew sweater and just ignore me. But from the minute we stepped into the boutique, everyone was so nice! The gentleman who helped me spent a good 45 minutes showing me different bags and their features. He encouraged me to have fun, try on whatever I wanted even if it was three times my budget. He said there’s nothing wrong with thinking ahead J

So, even though there ended up being a few other contenders, (Hello, Néonoé and Alma MM!) I ended up getting exactly what I’d spent years wanting: a beautiful Louis Vuitton MM. And I took some great advice from some of you who replied to this thread and had it personalized with a wide orange stripe with thinner white stripes on either side (my alma mater’s colors) and my three letter monogram on the side and an orange interior. I’ve only ever seen the computer mock-up but I’m in love with it already. Plus – it’ll be a one of a kind. It was a bit more than I'd intended to spend with the personalization but you only get one first Louis, so may as well make it special.

Thank you, thank you, thank you all for sharing your stories, for your kind words, your wonderful advice and especially for giving me the little nudge I needed.

Of course, now my problem is that I saw some beautiful luggage at the boutique and my little millennial pink Away suitcase suddenly isn't looking so good to me. Is this the start of an addiction?!?!?!?

My mom and I went out for a nice girls lunch and afterward we hit the Louis Vuitton boutique. To be honest, I was a little nervous going in. I didn’t know what to expect. I was worried they might have a look at my well-worn Dooney & Bourke bag and last year’s J. Crew sweater and just ignore me. But from the minute we stepped into the boutique, everyone was so nice! The gentleman who helped me spent a good 45 minutes showing me different bags and their features. He encouraged me to have fun, try on whatever I wanted even if it was three times my budget. He said there’s nothing wrong with thinking ahead J

So, even though there ended up being a few other contenders, (Hello, Néonoé and Alma MM!) I ended up getting exactly what I’d spent years wanting: a beautiful Louis Vuitton MM. And I took some great advice from some of you who replied to this thread and had it personalized with a wide orange stripe with thinner white stripes on either side (my alma mater’s colors) and my three letter monogram on the side and an orange interior. I’ve only ever seen the computer mock-up but I’m in love with it already. Plus – it’ll be a one of a kind. It was a bit more than I'd intended to spend with the personalization but you only get one first Louis, so may as well make it special.

Thank you, thank you, thank you all for sharing your stories, for your kind words, your wonderful advice and especially for giving me the little nudge I needed.

Of course, now my problem is that I saw some beautiful luggage at the boutique and my little millennial pink Away suitcase suddenly isn't looking so good to me. Is this the start of an addiction?!?!?!?
So exciting! And sounds like a wonderful experience with wonderful service! Congratulations and enjoy!

This was so sweet! So glad you had a wonderful first experience. I can’t wait to see pictures once she comes in!

You will be judged no matter what you do...remember that! The question is how will you react? There will be people thinking you're carrying a fake even though they can't tell the difference between real & fake (and no you're not required to show anyone your receipt). There will be people (including SA's/security guards) that'll think you don't look like you can afford luxury so what are you doing shopping for/carrying a LV bag. There will be people that'll wonder why are you dumb enough to spend thousands on a bag when you can have one for $50/$150 and roll their eyes at you for being capable of doing something they wish deep down inside they could do. I mean I can go on. But like I said before the only thing that'll matter is your reaction. Either you can be triggered and provoked or you can not give two flippin f@$!# what anyone says/thinks and buy what you like and strut it with confidence.
I have received dirty looks from judgmental passerbys and this one SA made a sarcastic remark about me inside the boutique because I don't fit the description of their typical rich snobby stuck up clientele. I'm just an ordinary commoner who's admired Louis Vuitton bags for more than a decade and just recently gained the financial ability to fulfill one of my childhood wishes. So will I let the stares & remarks stop me from stepping into that same boutique or buying another LV bag?! HELL NO!!!

If the neverfull is what you had your eyes set on for the loongest time and it works for your lifestyle then just get it, don't think too much about anything else. Give your heart what it desires. :smile:

Congratulations on your new bag.. enjoy the addiction.. ;)

The fun of buying a bag is going to a boutique and trying them on. You will know when you find the right bag. It may be a neverfull or something completely off your radar right now.
That being said, I think a neverfull is a great first LV. I sold my MM but still have a PM size. It did annoy me how common it has become. These bags are not a lifetime commitment- resale is always an option.
I LOVE your last statement! "These bags are not a,lifetime commitment - resale is alwAys an option." So true!! Styles likes everything changes for us as individuals and it's ok to not hAve a forever just because!!!

Congratulations!!! So hat for you!! And yes welcome the lv family aka addiction!! You'll be hooked now!! Can't wait to see your beautiful bag!!

I just started collecting LV about 18 months ago. It’s been a journey. First, congratulations on your job and on thinking this throughly.

Second, the Neverfull was debuted in 2007/08 and has since become LV’s best selling bag. It also happens to be one of their most affordable models. Along with that there has been a consignment/resell movement making the reach of this bag greater to all sorts of different income levels. Once you own an authentic bag, it becomes a little easier to spot fakes. When you own a bag that is real and you see a fake you feel two things, proud of your purchase, and a reaffirmation that this bag is very popular.

Third, buying LV can be slightly addictive. In the last 18 months I’ve purchased over 30 pieces, but have only kept 9. I’ve lose money on some and made money on others. I bring this up because has I done my home like you are doing, I wouldn’t have been through so many items trying to figure out what I like and don’t. The Neverfull will cost you about 1,400 after taxes. That isn’t inexpensive (in terms of money, not in terms of other LV items). I suggest going to the store and trying our different bags. Even try bags that are not in your price range right now. Walk with them, but your wallets in them, take pictures of you in them, touch and feel their materials, ask all of the questions you may have. Think about your job and how your bag will function within your scope of work and day to day activities. Then walk away for a moment, maybe go have lunch and look over your pictures, see what you like and don’t like. If you don’t feel completely comfortable with any, WAIT. Put your money in a savings account (I use Ally Bank online and I get a 2.30 apy) and in another season or 2 you might find a bag that makes your heart sing and you’ll have the money to buy it.

In the 1,400 range there have a couple of bags so you have options. Many in different canvases.
4B49BEA3-01ED-44A1-BCAF-9C9EE10B4B1F.png E98FF6BB-951A-48E5-96CD-0578784CC0CB.jpeg AADC3496-8913-44A8-B5EF-6A180304F19E.png FBC0B707-D5C3-4784-B6DE-85A68E76BDA5.jpeg

I hope my 2 cents helps!

And down the slippery slope you go! [emoji23] [emoji4]Sounds like you had a great LV experience with a wonderful SA (keep his card—great SAs are like gold!), and got what you really wanted. I’m so glad you personalized your NF with the Mon Monogram! I think you’ll love having something a little different and uniquely “you”. I definitely enjoy that about my World Tour NF. Congratulations, and enjoy wearing your NF!![emoji175]

I think the neverfull is a bad idea. The strap is cracked after 2 months of purchase and under 30 days of use. I baby my bags ALOT. I researched the bag before purchase and didn’t listen to other about all the issues they are having with their straps. Their ‘after sales service’ is none existent. It’s like it’s their other revenue stream. They just gave me the run around between the boutique and phone. It’s not about the $80 repair cost. It’s about that LV doesn’t stand behind the quality of their products. All they care about is making the sale. I’m from Canada, I don’t know if it’s different else where.

Attachments

• A51DB74D-60A8-465C-86FC-D9B64988596C.jpeg
    A51DB74D-60A8-465C-86FC-D9B64988596C.jpeg
    143.1 KB · Views: 120