LV Montaigne MM vs Givenchy Antigona Small

Havanese 28

May 4, 2014
I don't own either, but I have contemplated both and tried both on. I love the empreinte Montaigne MM! It's a beautiful, beautifully made bag. I would love to add one to my collection in the future. I recently tried the Antigona and found it to be stiff, bulky and just plain awkward. Also, when I see them out and about, they don't have the same " wow" factor as the lovely Montaigne, and I'm a fan of understated bags. Antigona is very popular style though, which proves it really boils down to personal style and personal preference.

kbcrew

O.G.
Oct 1, 2007
Thanks for your advise[emoji4]. I managed to find a Montaigne on fashionphile in great condition, but am a little hesitant in keeping in fear that if something goes wrong with it LV will not help fix it since I don't have the receipt. Love the bag though it's so classy looking [emoji7].

Fefster

Aug 17, 2015
I looked at the Antigona and the Montaigne and bought the Montaigne in Dahlia. To me, it is a much more feminine bag with more special details like the keys and padlock. The Anigona reminds me of a big old doctors bag and I did not like the chunky zip. My Montaigne is a head turner and it even got admiring glances in Dubai where everyone has a fancy bag or five.

bugn

Celebrate Everything
O.G.
Sep 4, 2011
I had the Montaigne GM & MM (sent both to fashionphile.) On the MM the handles are so annoying. They are always in the way even if you tuck them down. Maybe because they are attached on the inside, I am not sure. So my vote is for the Antigona.

Shoppinmel

Handbag Enthusiast!
O.G.
May 11, 2010
I've considered the Antigona but I really don't like how the handles don't go down so they're sticking straight up if you want to carry it by the shoulder strap. It looks great handheld or crook of the arm though!