LV monogram shawl

LouisV76

O.G.
Nov 2, 2013
hi everyone! how do you guys clean your monogram shawls? my SA told me there is no way to wash them by myself. how are your experiences? did you do it or did you bring it to the dry cleaners? any pics from shawls washed by hand or in the mashine?
thanks in advance!😘

Definitely don´t try to wash the shawl - I saw several pictures of them being washed by their owner.... OMG!!!:faint:
They shrink to cca 130x130cm instead of their 145x145cm and the material changes, it is wrinkled, looks like crepe...Impossible to get to the original shape and form...
I use dry cleaners, I usually say that it is delicate and was very expensive, just to warn them not to do experiments with the shawl ... haha...
It was always ok, I used dry cleaners for maybe 6 times and no problem.
GL!

Definitely don´t try to wash the shawl - I saw several pictures of them being washed by their owner.... OMG!!!:faint:
They shrink to cca 130x130cm instead of their 145x145cm and the material changes, it is wrinkled, looks like crepe...Impossible to get to the original shape and form...
I use dry cleaners, I usually say that it is delicate and was very expensive, just to warn them not to do experiments with the shawl ... haha...
It was always ok, I used dry cleaners for maybe 6 times and no problem.
GL!

thank you so much for your input! so my SA was right - I don't try it out!!😊
I'll see end of winter If I'll have to clean it.....😃

hi everyone! how do you guys clean your monogram shawls? my SA told me there is no way to wash them by myself. how are your experiences? did you do it or did you bring it to the dry cleaners? any pics from shawls washed by hand or in the mashine?
thanks in advance!😘

Hi LouisV76
I just washed my monogram scarf in chocolate in the washing machine 4 weeks ago. I was a bit worried but my BF said in the worst case he'll get me a new one. My mother always says Swiss washing machines are fantastic (live in Switzerland)! So I washed it with the woll-programm and at first I was sooo anxious I dried it woth the hairdryer 😁 and it just looked great! Better even than before washing! I am so happy I did it, it looked just like new, smelled wonderful and looked even as if I had ironed it! Must agree with my mother... The washing machines here are great 👍 hope this helps

Hi LouisV76
I just washed my monogram scarf in chocolate in the washing machine 4 weeks ago. I was a bit worried but my BF said in the worst case he'll get me a new one. My mother always says Swiss washing machines are fantastic (live in Switzerland)! So I washed it with the woll-programm and at first I was sooo anxious I dried it woth the hairdryer 😁 and it just looked great! Better even than before washing! I am so happy I did it, it looked just like new, smelled wonderful and looked even as if I had ironed it! Must agree with my mother... The washing machines here are great 👍 hope this helps

hi truelove!
thank you very much for your great thread! I live in switzerland as well! how fun!!😜 our washmashine is about 2 years old but my DH just said he won't get me a new shawl when I'll screw it up!😂 lucky I just got it and there's no need to wash it right now. may I ask what label of washmashine do you use? thank you!😘

hi truelove!
thank you very much for your great thread! I live in switzerland as well! how fun!!😜 our washmashine is about 2 years old but my DH just said he won't get me a new shawl when I'll screw it up!😂 lucky I just got it and there's no need to wash it right now. may I ask what label of washmashine do you use? thank you!😘

Hi LouisV76, sorry for the late reply! that's so cool that you also live in Switzerland 👍 hope your shawl is still looking like new 😉 the brand of our washing machine is Adorina - hope that helps 😘 have a great weekend 🌺🌸🌺🌸

Could you post a picture of this shawl? I've been looking at this in line.

This is a good post as I'm in the middle of deciding which shawl to buy so knowing the aftercare is very helpful

Sure! Here you go! I love the deep color is looks great for evening - I'm thinking of the denim one now! :smile:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-01-17 at 8.36.56 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2015-01-17 at 8.36.56 AM.jpg
    227 KB · Views: 393
Last edited:
After getting melted butter (almost had a heart attack) on my verone shawl, I took it to the dry cleaners. They were able to get out the spot and it looked great. I did use a very high end dry cleaner who specialized in delicate garments. I would not have the nerve to try to wash myself!