LV mini pochette vs Gucci mini chain bag

Kmora

Mar 10, 2016
I am looking into buying a small bag to store random tiny things in along with maybe napkins and similar. I have narrowed it down to LV mini pochette or Gucci mini chain bag (Blooms or Tian). Someone here who has seen them both or own them? Inputs? Pros and cons?

I do think LV mini pochette is the one that will keep its value best, but I am not looking into selling either of them :smile:

LV mini pochette.PNG
Mini pochette: 15x9x3cm

gucci mini chain.PNG
Gucci mini chain: 14x9x2cm

Reactions: Mariapia
I prefer the LV... you can also add a long chain and wear it crossbody... in the LV section there is a whole thread dedicated to the mini pochette... definitely worth taking a look before making your decision!!

i don't have both but i love the gucci !!
the LV you can get any time of day but the gucci looks so cute and i just love the strap a bit more
Yes! I am not the biggest fan of the Gucci chain but since it is limited it makes it a little more "fun". But I don't know anything about the Gucci coated canvas. Have not seen it IRL and don't know how it will wear with time :/ the LV canvas is very durable...and also I don't know which shape I prefer haha (they are similar but not identical in shape).

The lv is almost half the price of the Gucci and holds more than the Gucci I love the design and hw of the Gucci but I vote lv also keeps the value like you mentioned [emoji4]
Yes, LV is cheaper but right now that is nothing that I take into account ;) I will (hopefully) use the pouch until it falls apart so reselling value is nothing important. i want the most practical pouch which is also cute :smile:

I prefer the LV... you can also add a long chain and wear it crossbody... in the LV section there is a whole thread dedicated to the mini pochette... definitely worth taking a look before making your decision!!
I have been stalking that thread for a year ;) don't you think it is possible to add a long chain to the gucci pouch as well?

I do think this is the way I see it also, but I don't know why I see practicality in LV and not Gucci - why do you think LV mini pochette is more practical?
If I remember correctly, the opening for the Gucci was slightly smaller due to the chain and zipper.
Plus with the print, I'd be worried of keys and other SLGs scratching the print of the Gucci, so it's less practical due to it possibly being more delicate.

If I remember correctly, the opening for the Gucci was slightly smaller due to the chain and zipper.
Plus with the print, I'd be worried of keys and other SLGs scratching the print of the Gucci, so it's less practical due to it possibly being more delicate.
This was the kind of information I was looking for! :biggrin: Smaller opening is definitely a minus for me. Need it to be practical!

I just (like in 20min ago) received a Bengal Wallet from Gucci (the tiger print) and it doesn't seem to be screen printed like LV limited edition prints. Instead the pattern is made before the coating and therefore will not be delicate! :smile: I would guess it is the same with the blooms print.

This was the kind of information I was looking for! :biggrin: Smaller opening is definitely a minus for me. Need it to be practical!

I just (like in 20min ago) received a Bengal Wallet from Gucci (the tiger print) and it doesn't seem to be screen printed like LV limited edition prints. Instead the pattern is made before the coating and therefore will not be delicate! :smile: I would guess it is the same with the blooms print.

I would still take caution with anything with a special print, I feel like I have to with the Blooms clutch I have. But that's just me lol.

eta: I think the LV one had more give in the canvas, so you could stuff it more lol.

I would still take caution with anything with a special print, I feel like I have to with the Blooms clutch I have. But that's just me lol.

eta: I think the LV one had more give in the canvas, so you could stuff it more lol.
I do see what you mean by still wanting to be extra careful with special prints. But with Gucci's prints I can at least relax a little bit. With LV screen print I wouldn't be able to use it at all...

Yes, I think the LV mini pochette will be the winner. Or I might buy both :P

I do see what you mean by still wanting to be extra careful with special prints. But with Gucci's prints I can at least relax a little bit. With LV screen print I wouldn't be able to use it at all...

Yes, I think the LV mini pochette will be the winner. Or I might buy both :P
I wanted both until I got the blooms in the clutch haha!