LV mini Deauville vs St. Cloud vs Gucci ophidia mini

cncm

O.G.
Aug 7, 2010
I’m looking for an everyday crossbody bag that can carry my essentials. I’m about to have my first baby so ideally this would be a bag I can wear without too much care, hence why I’m looking at mostly canvas bags. I will have a separate diaper bag so this does not need to carry any baby items, just big enough to carry my wallet/phone/hand sanitizer/etc.

Right now these are the three bags I’m lusting after. Would love to know if you own any of these how they’re holding up and whether you’d recommend. I’m so torn - each bag has their pros vs cons. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

1) LV mini Deauville bag: it’s love at first sight! I can’t get over how cute this bag is, how spacious it looks considering it’s a mini, and I really like the adjustable & removable strap. The biggest cons are: the vachetta strap and corners - not sure how carefree this bag would be, especially with a baby. And of course, the price - $2k for a mini bag is pretty steep.

2) Vintage LV St. Cloud, most likely in the GM size since it’s still pretty small. I really like the aesthetic of the bag and being vintage, I feel like I don’t need to baby the bag as much. The drawbacks are: it’s hard to find one in good condition at a reasonable price (under $600), and the interior conditions of these bags tend to be pretty poor (sticky pockets, musty odor, etc).

3) Gucci ophidia mini: love the GG supreme canvas print + the leather parts are treated so it’s completely fuss free. The price is also good at just under $1k for a brand new bag. The main con is it’s the smallest of the 3 options. I think it’s still big enough to hold all my essentials but may need to play around with my items.

What do you guys think? My heart says to get the mini Deauville while my brain says I should go for either the vintage St Cloud or the Gucci ophidia mini. Help!

713AA11A-3C0A-470C-BFC5-05F5C5603F3F.jpegB8CAC446-7AAC-461B-AAB2-C5231D23FDA3.jpeg8040691F-A5EE-4BE0-A268-6D42DB6CD6F7.jpeg

I am in love with the Gucci Ophidia line so I’m a bit biased towards that one. Lol! However, one con is I don’t like how far down the sides the strap is attached to the bag on that one. It makes it prone to flipping over. If you love the Deauville, I say go for it.

Reactions: cncm
One con of the Gucci Ophidia is the red/green stripe. It can get stained (my mother has a vintage bag with a stain), so you'd have to be careful of that with baby mess. Do you have any interest in the Horsebit Gucci bags?

View attachment 4927510

Or, you could get a vintage Gucci without the stripe on the pre-loved market, like this one that I found:

That's good to know about the green/red stripe - I hadn't thought about potential staining. I really love the look of it with the GG supreme print though :sad:

Reactions: OogleAtLuxury
I had the same circumstance. I needed a small crossbody to wear while wearing my diaper backpack but I was between the mini ophidia and the soho. I went with the soho since the mini was just a little too small for me.

Reactions: Loriad
Go with what your "heart says" so you're not disappointed. I've tried to settle on bags before due to price, but you're never really satisfied when you do that!
Get the LV. It’s your first baby! Treat yourself so when you’re sleep deprived and haven’t had a nice long hot shower in weeks.....you’ll be happy you got the one you really wanted.

You guys are so right. I went to try on the bags yesterday at my local boutiques and while I liked the Gucci ophidia mini, my heart literally skipped a beat when I saw the mini Deauville in person. It's so darn cute!! And so spacious. I'm pretty sure that will be my next bag. Unfortunately I can't buy it this year (haha already went overboard with bag purchases) but once 2021 rolls around, it'll be the next bag in my collection! :heart:

You guys are so right. I went to try on the bags yesterday at my local boutiques and while I liked the Gucci ophidia mini, my heart literally skipped a beat when I saw the mini Deauville in person. It's so darn cute!! And so spacious. I'm pretty sure that will be my next bag. Unfortunately I can't buy it this year (haha already went overboard with bag purchases) but once 2021 rolls around, it'll be the next bag in my collection! :heart:
I think you will be very happy when you get it!

Reactions: cncm
Yes. I really like it and didn’t think I would. I don’t wear it in the rain or snow....

Hi! Just wondering if you still have the deauville mini? And if you do, how’s the wear and tear? Im considering to get it but im not sure. I love the look of it and look so practical. I love my nano speedy and use it almost everyday. They look alike but still different. Will you still recommend it? thanks in advance