LV Men's Fall/Winter 2018

I actually ended up with the runway bag the model used for the show. I was told the bag was gifted to the studio that did the photo shoot for LV. I'm taking thing as people told me.

View attachment 4140206View attachment 4140186 View attachment 4140195 View attachment 4140196

View attachment 4140199
This is what the retail version looks like from some pics online.
LV definitely water down the final version. No removable straps. Clip ring removed from the back side. Gaston logo on the zipper pulled remove. No "VUITTON" vachetta leather base.

Congratulations on getting the runway product! I am so jealous :sad:
How did you manage to get the runway product? I would prefer the runway version.
Not sure I am fortunate or not, but I managed to get the keepall but it is the commercial version, which without the “VUITTON” vachetta leather base. I want the keepall so badly because of the big “ VUITTON” vachetta leather base. I am very upset about the changes. I really want the runway version. :sad:

Reactions: ming387
Congratulations on getting the runway product! I am so jealous :sad:
How did you manage to get the runway product? I would prefer the runway version.
Not sure I am fortunate or not, but I managed to get the keepall but it is the commercial version, which without the “VUITTON” vachetta leather base. I want the keepall so badly because of the big “ VUITTON” vachetta leather base. I am very upset about the changes. I really want the runway version. :sad:

Thank you! I have friends in France that have a good relationship with people at the LV Headquarter and fashion industry, so I get offers every now and then some unique items. I pick up rare items from eBay as well but definitely use with caution as there are many fakes.

Yea, removing the "VUITTON" vachetta leather from the base of many of the bags was really a shame. I was surprised the titanium tote - backpack I preorder had a nylon base with vachetta leather wrapped around the bottom - not leather on the base. The SA told me that because vachetta leather stain and wear so easily they decided to take it off for the final design.

I think they should have used a different kind of leather instead to do the original runway design justice, it's a poor excuse I think... I would be more than happy to pay a bit more and get a better overall product with the leather details intact.

Last edited:
I also manage to get a monogram eclipse glaze Pochette Cosmos pouch which I am not sure if I have any practical use for - so debating if I should keep it or not. I know it is rare and a last Kim Jones era piece... @@

20180728_133511.jpg 20180728_133536.jpg

Very much in love with this visor at the moment but at 1k for a straw hat is a bit nutty... haha

Untitled picture.png

Last edited:
The pochettes from this collection are all really great. I think they look awesome. I just have zero use for one of them, though, because if I'm carrying a bag, I want to be hands free. But damn, they do look awesome...

Reactions: ming387
The pochettes from this collection are all really great. I think they look awesome. I just have zero use for one of them, though, because if I'm carrying a bag, I want to be hands free. But damn, they do look awesome...

Exactly! If they put removable straps on this one it would have been perfect because the pouch does manage to fit my 13" laptop along with some files; compact wallet and phone.

Congrat to all who already got there purchases! Great picture and I'm very jealous! I ordered the white Peace & Love tee, the Titanium Keepall and the Shiba tag. The distribution in Germany is currently very slow and I'm still waiting for my pieces. Hopefully I'll get everything...

On Saturday I bought the national park sweatshirt in black as well as the dark infinity pocket organizer. I had other stuff reserved as well, but decided to pass on everything else so that I have more resources available for travel and the upcoming space pre-collection.
One more thing: I passed on the mono titanium pocket organizer, because the canvas was scratched. My s.a. did not realise it when he presented the organizer to me, but thankfully I did. I believe this canvas type is quite fragile and lots of customers will complain.

I heard some people received it with glue on the fabric and their SA managed to remove it?
The PO in Titanium Monogram definitely seems to have issues with glazing along the vachetta leather and canvas. To be fair, though, the areas requiring glazing are pretty thin. FI ended up returning an online order due to the PO having missing spots in its glazing, in addition to glazing on the canvas. He found one at our local LV that also had some glazing on the canvas, but as you mentioned, someone in-house was able to remove it.

Reactions: LV4live