LV " Mason Money Jar Challenge"

LVbinti23

Jun 4, 2015
Hello all,

So a few days ago I started a post call LV budget challenge and from that came a wonderful suggestion from several members stating that they were doing the Mason Money Jar challenge. This entails saving a little money each week and at the end of the year they would be able to make a purchase.

I thought this was a wonderful idea and would like to do the same. At the end of the year we can do a reveal of whatever we decided to purchase. For most of us it will be a new LV, while other may have their heart set on something else. And there are those of us where this is just an exercise of patience and steadfastness.

Who is with us, join in on the journey. I can't wait until the finish line at the end of the year when we get to share our reveals.

All the best!!!

Attachments

• Mason Jar Money Challenge.jpg
    Mason Jar Money Challenge.jpg
    371.6 KB · Views: 2,087
I really like the idea of starting backwards so that you will have more money during the Holidays. Also it looks like for those who are wanting a more expensive bag like the Montaigne, they will need to double the amount each week.

Reactions: Bhabegurl
This is my first week so I will need to put $10.00 away and I will be on track. What day of the week do you usually put away the money. I was thinking Friday since it is payday for most people and easy to remember that I need to put the money away.

What do you guys think?

This is my first week so I will need to put $10.00 away and I will be on track. What day of the week do you usually put away the money. I was thinking Friday since it is payday for most people and easy to remember that I need to put the money away.

What do you guys think?

Friday is best I think

I really like the idea of starting backwards so that you will have more money during the Holidays. Also it looks like for those who are wanting a more expensive bag like the Montaigne, they will need to double the amount each week.

Opps. Meant to ask my question in this thread. Is this technically week four or week five. I want to start I think I am going to flip it too. Start high end low. Feels nice that way.

I want in on this! Question...are you all putting cash in a jar or are you just sliding this money into an account?

I am using a manila envelope (half size) so actual cash and glued a piece of paper on the front listing out each week, how much should be "deposited" each week, and running total. If I put more than the suggested amount for the week, I just change the amount "deposited" amount and running total amount. This will be really fun, can't wait to see what everyone gets!! :smile::smile:

Last edited:
Opps. Meant to ask my question in this thread. Is this technically week four or week five. I want to start I think I am going to flip it too. Start high end low. Feels nice that way.
If we are going to use Friday as deposit day then 4 Fridays have passed since the beginning of the year and this Friday will make week 5. If you are starting forward then at this time you should have $10.00 and if you are starting backward then you should have $202.

All the best!!!

I did this for a few years in a row. I just changed it to $50 a week. My problem is that I freaking spend the money if I need to dip into it for something.