LV - made in US, made in France..is there a difference?

1. Over at PurseBlog, we started a new series called Closet Confessionals in which we examine how readers and TPFers afford their bag addictions. Read about it in this intro article and submit your own confessional here. We are looking forward to hearing from you!
    Dismiss Notice
  1. So far, all my pieces are made in France. (I bought 2 pcs in Singapore, and 2 in Spain)

Is there ANY difference between the same models (say, a Speedy 30) made in France and made in the US?

Just wondering because...well, I'm obsessed... :P

2. No.. except that the tab that says where it's made is different !

Some people prefer say, made in France to others, but when it comes down to it, a Louis Vuitton is a Louis Vuitton where ever it may have come from !

3. No difference. DH asked our SA to try to find a made in France Speedy for me. Hopefully she will be able to locate one. If not, it's not that important...I just kinda wanted my Speedy to be from France. :amuse:

4. There shouldn't be a difference in quality.
    I had 2 mc pochettes one was made in France the other was in US. I did notice the vachetta on the france pochette was lighter in color.
    Aside from that, it was pretty much identical.

5. Maybe because I love Paris and the French language so much, I make sure all my LV stuff are made in France, which is why I never buy Monogram from ELux as u never know what you will get, so I fork out the extra NY 8.375% tax just to make sure my SA find me one that is made in France ! My colleague went all the way to the Paris LV store to buy an LV Made in USA wallet, and he was ok with it, everyone is different.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice