LV Loyalists Unite!

Ive been using LVs for more than 15 years but have never accumulated tons of them at a fast pace. I would buy 2-3 pieces every 2 years and sell the old ones that I have. I only stick to the classics and not LE thats why I know I can always buy anytime when I need a new style. There were some purchases that I regret but have since learned to wait it out until Im sure of my next purchase. My first designer bag was LV so it still has a place in my heart. I have prada, gucci and tods as well. Variety makes me appreciate my bags more. I will always have an LV in my life.

Oh don't you worry I will hang out lots in the LV forum...I'm still here more than I'm in Chanel :P (Another reason being the Chanel forum isn't as busy as the LV forum!)

Like my SA says...she can see me buying LV for many years to come. I can, too, I think I've just looked at too many LV sites/pictures/etc. that I just get used to them and...get tired. I still would love to get my very first piece of LV fine jewelry, and would love to get my first LV watch. But bags just aren't a priority right now.

I'm trying not to do that (obsessively saving pictures onto my computer and reviewing them over and over again :P) with Chanel. And I've deleted a mass of pictures of LV that I've saved onto my computer. My Suhali is due to arrive this upcoming week, so let's hope I love it as much as I did when I first saw pics of it!!!

What if someone is asking between Speedy 25/30?
Durability of a bag? Capacity? Those are all asking for opinions and it doesn't necessarily mean that they're not in love with the bag.

Durability? Come on now it's LV:P. As for capacity and comparison opinions, I can understand needing a 2nd point of view. I'm really talking about those who ask "Tell me what to buy" "I'm not really in love with this bag but what do you think" "I regret..." These sound like people who don't think things out for themselves but rather need the "peer pressure", again no offense to anyone. I guess that's just my hyperesthetic personality. I really don't like asking for help. The truth is that only you know what is best for you. Asking opinions of others is perfectly fine but in the end you live with the decision.;)

Durability? Come on now it's LV:P. As for capacity and comparison opinions, I can understand needing a 2nd point of view. I'm really talking about those who ask "Tell me what to buy" "I'm not really in love with this bag but what do you think" "I regret..." These sound like people who don't think things out for themselves but rather need the "peer pressure", again no offense to anyone. I guess that's just my hyperesthetic personality. I really don't like asking for help. The truth is that only you know what is best for you. Asking opinions of others is perfectly fine but in the end you live with the decision.;)

Ahhh okay, I thought you just meant general opinion.

Unfortunately, sometimes I don't get those tell me what to buy threads either. Especially when NO choices are given. Ummm...how about that Emprise diamond ring?! :nuts:

I've only been collecting 2 and half years- but my respect and enthusiasm for lv has only grown stronger. i understand how the initial luster of discovering a designer can wear off- that has happened to me. but since my serious interest in designer fashion began 6 years ago after studying in Italy, I have stayed true to a very select few, and lv is one of them. i'm hooked.

Ahhh okay, I thought you just meant general opinion.

Unfortunately, sometimes I don't get those tell me what to buy threads either. Especially when NO choices are given. Ummm...how about that Emprise diamond ring?! :nuts:

LMAO...How about a Tribute Bag as your first LV?...A true all-in-one! Yeah, just go get it...Can you imagine?:nuts:

I want to say THANK YOU for starting this thread too! I have a passion for LV. I have been collecting for a few years now, and I have gotten bored with certain bags. I do occasionally sell a piece or two, and then I replace it with something else.

There are other bags that have caught my eye, but the quality and craftsmanship just isn't the same as a Louis. Of course, all of our dream bag is an exotic Birkin, but not all of us have the means for one. I will eventually have my Fendi Spy bag as well, but I have to pay for the Mirage first! ;)

I don't see myself EVER becoming bored and deserting LV.

As for fakes, I see a TON of fakes in ALL designers.

Last, I don't care what people say or think about me. I am who I am! Just because many people want to own an LV bag doesn't make me want it any less! It is a goal for many women to own at least ONE high end designer bag, and it doesn't make me look down on LV for selling it to them!

my first LV bag was a mono pochette and i was 18 years old at the time. now i'm going to be 23 and have a humble collection thus far. i would like to say that it is a genuine love, but maybe its too early to tell. i enjoy reading this forum, reading magazines, etc. and as long as i don't run myself into debt, i see plenty of LV in the future :smile:

I have fallen in and out of love with LV..mainly due to my finances but, deep down I know LV is the only one for me..wish I could everything that I love....LV is gorgeous and no other brand does it for me...I have tried to look at others but, LV has my heart....LV love is for Life

I have admired LV bags as a child and always vowed that I would buy one on my own when I could. When I started working and got my first paycheck the first thing I bought was my LV bag. I still have the bag and have slowly added (1-2 per year) since then. I have never sold any of my bags as whenever I bought a certain style it was with the intent that it would be kept for life. Now thanks in large part to TPF I am kept up-to-date with the new styles coming out and I have bought more in the last several months than I have in the past several years.:yes:

since young around 5 years old i remember my brother and me playing with some faintly LV logo stuff :P. when i was 10 years old i've a close aunt that carries mono noe everyday and that makes me wonder more about the brand. now that i'm financially stable i just bought my very 1st LV 6 months ago. i want to slowly build up my collection and enjoy each of my purchase thoroughly. buying LVs will be a lifetime thing for me and so i'm definitely not rushing it + it helps that i'm always drawn to classics and so i can really take my time ;). i've also bought a mono cles for my very good friend who's addicted to LV but don't have a single LV. i want us to enjoy and grow old together with LV :graucho:.

I trully LoVe LV I just adore their craftsmanship I had trieyed buying into onther brands like hermes for example but I just can't, I could easily sale the items I have right now and lust into other brands but I am not seling to a brand who started by making horse saddles unlike LV they been around for centuries ever since I was little I have come across their Amazing trunks wich is what made the brand famous even surpacing it's past competitor goyard, I hope to one day own a couple of LV trunks but that will be when I am more mature and fully capture the essence of Louis Vuitton.

and I wished that I could had started collecting at an early age but couldn't for finatial reasons...

I love this thread- thank you to every single one of you who told their LV story- some of them were fantastic!

I'll admit that I've bought and sold a lot of items since the beginning of buying LV in February. To me though- this was just sort of a 'process' to get down to the nitty gritty of what I loved or what felt 'right' to me as well- the ones that I've kept are the ones that just give you goose bumps looking at it everyday. My Fuschia Denim Neo is absolutely fantabulous- yes a combo of fantastic and fabulous!- haha- the lining is TDF, the koala clasps make a clicking sound that only those types of clasps can make-

My black MC Ursula, black MC Speedy 30, and black MC Zippy are all incredible items that have color combos like no other- I would have never even thought of color combos before I joined tPF- it's something I've learned here and on my journey with LV-

I love Louis Vuitton, to me there is no other.

I'm a "new" fan of LV. A few years ago I used to think LV as an old label wich was now the status symbol of the nouveau riche. I also though all LVs were monogrammed. plus the amount of fakes around didn't help.

Now I've learnt a lot more, partly through this board and thought some of my bag books. I've come to apprecuate the history ahnd craftsmaship and and simple yet elegant designs. I love timeless designs and I dont like blinged out bags or excessive hardware therefore so LV bags suit me down to the ground. I only have two so far but there will be more :graucho:.

Honestly, it wouldn't bother me evey girl carried an LV or if I was the only one.