LV Lovers Who Also Own Hermes - Need Your Feedback

I have been a faithful Lv fan for 8 years or so. For the past one year, I sorta strayed to h over SO Kelly too... But I never plunge into one. I bought three pieces of h ( not the signature birkin and kelly) and just recently I have gone back to Lv. I am not a classic bag person so I guess it is hard to substain my interest in h and the price tag makes it hard for me too. Totally a different league of spending and social circle.

My thot on leather; clemence is good, soft and durable but have some weight. Stay away from swift, lightweight but too delicate and I am thinking of getting rid of my swift h. I think SO Kelly are made either with clemence or Togo.

Last edited:
Hi MatAllston

I am an Hermes bag kinda gal, and I have the 26cm SO Kelly in Bleu de Prusse Togo. It is a fantastic casual shoulder bag. The quality is superb, and the bag is quite beautiful.

After buying Hermes, it is very difficult for me to buy LV bags anymore as I prefer Hermes and Bottega Veneta leathers. I do still prefer LV ready-to-wear however.

What size and color SO Kelly were you looking at? If you do a search of the Hermes forum, you can find a wealth of information on this bag as well as many photos.

Best of luck with whatever you decide :flowers:

If you are happy with your LV collection, then you must get a Kelly (either new or almost new/pre-owned). You will get it out of your system, enjoy it and then be back to LV for more...:biggrin:

It really depends how much you love this bag. I mean if you bought the SO Kelly, would this give you enough satisfaction and you wouldn't find yourself looking at other bags?

For me, I would invest in the Hermes simply because right now, I have bought the LVs that I like and I rarely buy things from the classic collection. Regardless of this though, I think if it fits your lifestyle and budget then, why not?

FYI I don't own anything Hermes ..yet. I'm not entirely sure it fits my lifestyle.

You know I'm more Hermes than L.V but I always fall for Louis ,back to Hermes the so Kelly because of the type of bag will be a lot less on the resale market I think there are a few on Ebay right now that way you can get Hermes and maybe a Louis if resale is not for you than I do suggest you save up Hermes is wonderful this bag is great and you have many Louis already so hope it helps darling.birkel.just remember once you cross into Hermes it's not easy to go back

I say get the Hermes if you love it. Otherwise, you'll always be dreaming about it even if you buy all the LV's you want. Personally, I don't think Hermes fits my lifestyle but I know myself, even if I bought one, I'd covet another and then have to get accessories or different colors.....it's best for me and my wallet to just stay away (for now:graucho:)

The only Hermes I like and may consider giving up a few LVs for is the Birkin. I find the rest of the styles a little too stiff/mature, although I know Kelly is also a popular style. Just my personal preference.

I would get the Hermes since you are quite content with your LV collection and have a number of pieces to rotate, etc. but I know it's a big deal to spend that much on just ONE bag. I feel that way towards a 3K bag what more 7K! So I know how you feel :smile:

Thanks, I have never bought any bag that's over $3K too therefore I am a little hesitant. BTW, I love your Roxbury, it looks amazing in Pomme. I have a Reade in Pomme and I have been wanting a Roxbury in Amarante for 2 years now.

Hi MatAllston

I am an Hermes bag kinda gal, and I have the 26cm SO Kelly in Bleu de Prusse Togo. It is a fantastic casual shoulder bag. The quality is superb, and the bag is quite beautiful.

After buying Hermes, it is very difficult for me to buy LV bags anymore as I prefer Hermes and Bottega Veneta leathers. I do still prefer LV ready-to-wear however.

What size and color SO Kelly were you looking at? If you do a search of the Hermes forum, you can find a wealth of information on this bag as well as many photos.

Best of luck with whatever you decide :flowers:

Thanks for all your information. It's good to have a Hermes fan chime in. I am thinking of the 22 but I should have tried on the 26 too. How is your SO Kelly holding up? Does it loose it's shape after a few years? I tried on the Bleu de Prusse and the dark brown (don't know the official name) and both of them are nice. I prefer the Bleu as I already have a few classic Mono bags from LV.

Thanks for asking me to check the Hermes forum, there are so many nice colors, I am more confused now.

Thanks to those who responded. A few of you have mentioned how Hermes does not fit your lifestyle. I agree, I have tried on the Birkin and Kelly and they don't fit in with my lifestyle but I find that the SO Kelly is so versatile that I can wear that with jeans or a suit. Still need to think this over, will head to Hermes within the next few weeks to have another look.

Thanks for all your information. It's good to have a Hermes fan chime in. I am thinking of the 22 but I should have tried on the 26 too. How is your SO Kelly holding up? Does it loose it's shape after a few years? I tried on the Bleu de Prusse and the dark brown (don't know the official name) and both of them are nice. I prefer the Bleu as I already have a few classic Mono bags from LV.

Thanks for asking me to check the Hermes forum, there are so many nice colors, I am more confused now.

The SO Kelly is holding up just fine. It has not lost it's shape, nor do I ever expect it to because of the way it is constructed. I like larger bags, so I chose the 26cm, but the smaller size is just as nice ;)

There are so many colors that it can get confusing! If you haven't seen Raisin, I would recommend looking at this color if possible (it is a rested color, but a few SO Kellys are still out there in it). Raisin goes with just about every color and is very versatile.