LV issues Nelson Mandela 46664 Bread Clip

freshmess

Aug 19, 2007
I don't know if you guys have seen or heard about this, so I'm sharing this article I read from a Norwegian publication today.

mandelabreadclipnx8.jpg

Louis Vuitton issues a Nelson Mandela 46664 bread clip in tribute to the man's 90th birthday this year. 46664 was the jail cell number from when Mandela was imprisoned for 27 years. This piece of jewelry is produced in only 466 pieces, and each clip is numbered (001/466). Part of the proceeds go to Mandela's organization 46664 that fight against HIV and AIDS.

Price: 13,600 Norwegian kroner (about US$2,500 = Euros1,700 = £1,400).

You're welcome TFFC and MissMcCrocodile.

I did a search on this here at tPF but it only yielded results for the Richard Prince bread clip so I thought I'd share. :smile:

I saw an article on that too the only other thing that it mentioned was that is was a longer breadclip than the others, I don't know how accurate that is it didn't give a size

Albeit seldom, it's good to see LV engaging in charity cause.

As much as I like the bread clip and the good cause, but I'm not so sure about the jail cell number and the "Number of the Beast" :devil: on the clip. It kinda exudes a strange ominous vibe :wondering.

Scaryyyy....:s....

As much as I like the bread clip and the good cause, but I'm not so sure about the jail cell number and the "Number of the Beast" :devil: on the clip. It kinda exudes a strange ominous vibe :wondering.

:yes: plus for Chinese and Japanese the number 4 is also bad luck because the word sounds similar to their words for death.

plus for Chinese and Japanese the number 4 is also bad luck because the word sounds similar to their words for death.

Oy....:faint:...I definitely will not get this then. Too scaryyyyyy.......:s......I'm afraid.....

Just kiddin' :P..

Whoever designed this clip did not do enough research on how people can be quite superstitious about number. They should have used 888 instead of 666. If they did, I'm sure these bread clips would sell like hot cakes...LOL...:lol:

But then the 888 number wouldn't represent anything related to Mandela's life :Push:.