LV is so expensive...

I don't try to keep up and that seems to work for me. If you get a couple of bags you know you really will use and love a year, and then just a few small fun accessories, it really does not add up to much more than having Starbucks every day or a manicure/pedicure once or twice a month for a year.

I'll just make one more comment on this topic.....I like that we don't see LV go on sale, I do not like the steady increases though. It may not bother me as much if I started buying the bags this year, but I've been buying them for 10 years, I've seen the prices double (at least):throwup: for example my mono canvas pochette accessory was $120 when I bought it and it's now $280..... In 10 years I've seen LV increase in popularity, build huge stores and two years later build even bigger ones, I see them spending a lot of our money but I'm not seeing improvements in the product. AND I've even noticed some slip in quality and customer service. Overall though they are still very very good but I can't help but be dissapointed a little, I actually loved going into the little boutique in NY off Madison Ave, at least the Soho location is still there and kinda warm..... I may decide to write off LV at some point if they keep going in the direction they have been, or maybe I'll just start making purchases from Let Trade of disc. pieces I like. But IMO it is discusting to keep increasing in price so much without providing quality and customer service to justify the $$$$.....

I have only recently (within the last two years) purchased LV, and I, too, resent the price increases. I can understand the need for a price increase to cover the ever-rising cost of production and materials, but if quality does not improve along with the higher price tag, why should the buyer be satisfied with paying more for an inferior product?

Many tpf members mention product exclusivity as one of the main selling points for LV, yet some of the price increase is a result of LVMH expanding the number of LV stores--in San Francisco alone, we have three LV boutiques within a three block radius. While not exactly at Starbucks numbers, the LV boutiques are nearing Gap proportions. Not so exclusive, IMO; I would rather have just one LV boutique and no price increase.

If prices do continue to climb at the current rate, I have no qualms abandoning the LV boutique experience altogether. Buying directly from MPRS and saving hundreds of dollars is far more satisfying than receiving shoddy treatment from an uninformed SA.:hysteric:

I love a stylish, well-made bag as much as the next gal (or guy), but I refuse to be a victim of what is essentially corporate greed.

I have only recently (within the last two years) purchased LV, and I, too, resent the price increases. I can understand the need for a price increase to cover the ever-rising cost of production and materials, but if quality does not improve along with the higher price tag, why should the buyer be satisfied with paying more for an inferior product?

Many tpf members mention product exclusivity as one of the main selling points for LV, yet some of the price increase is a result of LVMH expanding the number of LV stores--in San Francisco alone, we have three LV boutiques within a three block radius. While not exactly at Starbucks numbers, the LV boutiques are nearing Gap proportions. Not so exclusive, IMO; I would rather have just one LV boutique and no price increase.

If prices do continue to climb at the current rate, I have no qualms abandoning the LV boutique experience altogether. Buying directly from MPRS and saving hundreds of dollars is far more satisfying than receiving shoddy treatment from an uninformed SA.:hysteric:

I love a stylish, well-made bag as much as the next gal (or guy), but I refuse to be a victim of what is essentially corporate greed.

THANK YOU! it's refreshing that SOMEONE understands where I'm comming from, don't get me wrong, I'm an LV girl through and through, but I'm also not stupid, I know companies are greedy (I work for a BIG company) and since I've been an LV customer since way before all the hype I sometimes have a hard time with what LV has become.....It's really a matter of principle, at some point I am just going to say enough is enough, regardless of what I can afford, I don't care if I could afford to spend $10,000 on bags, I have enough of a mind not to spend that on an item that 3 years ago only cost $3,000 (just making up numbers but you get the point) I just feel taken advantage of and to some extent it doesn't seem like LV cares about their customers anymore...

Wow. Maybe you girls just saved me a LOT of money, I hope so. Thanks for the info! What you say makes a lot of sense. It's hard to believe that LV can keep up with all the demand and keeping things hand made and under quality control... hmmm..VERY interesting.... people are basically greedy. it's true, unfortunately.

THANK YOU! it's refreshing that SOMEONE understands where I'm comming from, don't get me wrong, I'm an LV girl through and through, but I'm also not stupid, I know companies are greedy (I work for a BIG company) and since I've been an LV customer since way before all the hype I sometimes have a hard time with what LV has become.....It's really a matter of principle, at some point I am just going to say enough is enough, regardless of what I can afford, I don't care if I could afford to spend $10,000 on bags, I have enough of a mind not to spend that on an item that 3 years ago only cost $3,000 (just making up numbers but you get the point) I just feel taken advantage of and to some extent it doesn't seem like LV cares about their customers anymore...
You made a really good and intelligent point!!!!