LV Investment?

For me they are not an investment but I like the idea that they pretty much keep some decent residual value even after a good useful life. I collect because I look for vintage pieces but I carry all my bags. Sometimes a bag does not work for you though and I have decided to sell but I never bought anything thinking about selling it soon

LV isnt really an investment if there is not demand for the item you have. If your thinking 'I purchased it at this price' I can sell it for more later, then its really hard to predict. Personally you should buy it because you LOVE it. :yahoo:

Both, I love to use them and even staring at them sitting on my wardrobe shelves makes me happy already! I do sell the ones that are in neglect but I get lots of seller's remorse within 3 days... :P

I love LV, and I want to have a big collection, but I also have in the back of my mind that LV actually is a good investment, since they don't decrease in value like other brands that have sales etc and that I can actually earn quite good money if I actually have to sell my LV stuff, but hopefully I'll never have to be in that situation.

I used to try to convince myself that it's an investment, especially to buy the Limited Edition pieces- until I realized that everyone else is doing the same thing and the market will be flooded with a particular item too much for the value to skyrocket anyway, 95% of the time (e.g., Cerises Pochette). Now I only buy what I want to have, and if they hold some resale value as a 'trade-in" for a new bag down the line, that's just icing on the cake:smile: