LV Investment-Cashing In-and what did you do with your proceeds

butterflytennis

LV4ever
O.G.
Aug 9, 2013
LV is an investment, no matter what you purchase. I thought it would be interesting to see what return of an "LV" investment you had, like what you did with the proceeds. What did you cash LV in for?

Here's my story. Recently, my oldest daughter graduated from college! As a gift to her, I sold three handbags. In return, I furnished her entire apartment. It was so rewarding to cash in a few of my LV's, not having to touch any of my savings, or other investments, to help her get a fresh start.

Do any other people have stories of "cashing in" and reinvesting in other things like cars, homes, and other Luxury goods. Please share!

That was so nice of you. I don't sell my bags( I guess I should say "yet") mostly because I don't have that big of a collection and plus I think it would not be as easy to sell things being outside of the US, and postage from Aus is exorbitant and soooooo slow.

I sold several bags and used the cash for jewelry. I always said I would never sell bags! Never say never.... anyway I sold my galliera, a Kusama speedy, an empriente speedy , a mono artsy and an empriente artsy, a delightful GM , a Trevi GM and a Chanel GST and a vernis wallet. I used the money to purchase 2 magnificent tennis bracelets and a cushion cut diamond ring. But I'm back to buying bags again. [emoji4]

I sold several bags and used the cash for jewelry. I always said I would never sell bags! Never say never.... anyway I sold my galliera, a Kusama speedy, an empriente speedy , a mono artsy and an empriente artsy, a delightful GM , a Trevi GM and a Chanel GST and a vernis wallet. I used the money to purchase 2 magnificent tennis bracelets and a cushion cut diamond ring. But I'm back to buying bags again. [emoji4]
That is amazing that you sold so many. Congrats!

That was so nice of you. I don't sell my bags( I guess I should say "yet") mostly because I don't have that big of a collection and plus I think it would not be as easy to sell things being outside of the US, and postage from Aus is exorbitant and soooooo slow.

Yes! It's so difficult to sell things in Aus and you really take a huge loss. I've learnt this the hard way.

I haven't sold any bags, but I'm in the middle of moving my huge shoe collection. I'll take a huge loss, but I never wear these shoes so would rather have the space and some extra $$. I'll put the money towards new flooring in my house. Needless to say my shoe buying days are over!

A couple of years ago I faced unexpected financial hardship and sold ALL my bags and SLGs, I had a pretty large collection of bags back then + several wallets, etc. The money I got from the sale allowed me to pay off all the unexpected bills and it got me through those few difficult few months. Now I'm back with a new collection, and a much nicer one at that :smile:. I don't mind the fact that prices keep going up, because it means the value of our items does so, as well.

LV is an investment, no matter what you purchase. I thought it would be interesting to see what return of an "LV" investment you had, like what you did with the proceeds. What did you cash LV in for?

Here's my story. Recently, my oldest daughter graduated from college! As a gift to her, I sold three handbags. In return, I furnished her entire apartment. It was so rewarding to cash in a few of my LV's, not having to touch any of my savings, or other investments, to help her get a fresh start.

Do any other people have stories of "cashing in" and reinvesting in other things like cars, homes, and other Luxury goods. Please share!

I did sell a lot of LV bags, only have 2 at the moment. I kept most of my SLGs. I did invest in fountain pens. I started a collection, last year, and it's my new addiction.

So nice of you to help your daughter with her apartment. She must be so happy.