LV in Japan

aznbaybee4u

Oct 16, 2007
Hi everybody!

I am actually in Tokyo, Japan right now and I went to one of the Louis Vuitton stores in Tokyo (the largest one in Tokyo.. its 4 stories high!) and I saw the damier sophie out in display and they still have a few left!

also.. I saw this really nice black trench coat (about knee length) and the monogram pattern is just inside.. so it doesnt yell Louis Vuitton from the outside.. there was also a milky white color trench coat (about knee length) also.. which has the monogram pattern everywhere on the outside.. and both coats comes with a belt.. and the SA told me they can be dry cleaned when necessary.. the price in Japan is about 271,000 yen.. which is about $2600.. does anybody know how much it is in the USA? has anybody seen it before in any stores in the USA? any feedback is appreciated

P.S. the SA told me that if I bring in my USA passport.. it will be duty free.. which means.. NO Tax!! (tax in japan is 5% so its much lower then 8.25% in SF)

Thanks in advance! :smile:

yea! i was surprised with no tax with an USA passport.. but I dont know if it will be cheaper when I get back to San Francisco.. since LV in Japan is usually more expensive.. but tax in SF is high and tax in Japan 0% can make a difference too..

See what's exclusive that you can't get in the US, like the Sophie - priceless!
That trench might be one too, but wait until you hear from some of the TPF members whose boutique have tons of clothes & shoes.
The trench sounds yummy!

I did ask any other exclusive bags that you cant get in the US but they told me right now.. its only the sophie.. i asked about the vernis speedy but said they dont have it..

the SA in japan told me that the trench coat is available worldwide.. i just dont know much it is in the US

IMO I didnt like the sophie too much.. i think its a gorgeous bag but the long strap is too long for me.. even when used horizontally across my chest... I think the SA told me the sophie in Japan is about 51,000 yen.. which is about $450 ish.. i dont know the exact currency conversion..

if anybody is interested in going to tokyo ever and also like Chanel.. they have the world largest chanel store (i think).. they have 10 floors! and giorgio armani in tokyo is also 10 floors high! its amazing

You should check the price of something you know, like the speedy, though I think the prices there will be considerably more than in the US even without tax.

Have to agree with you, the stores there are amazing and the sales staff everywhere are so polite, I was just in Tokyo last week and I absolutely loved it.

I just called the SF LV store and they actually told me that theres only a few left in the US for the size 34 and with tax its $2278.50.. and i calculated how much it is in japan with currency conversion and it comes out to be about $2477.75 so its about $200 more in Japan.. should I buy it in Japan while im here or when I get back to US? If i wait till I go back to SF.. there is a risk of not having anymore in stock in the US.. but in Japan.. they are leaving it on hold for me until I leave japan on January 16th.. what would you do?

I went to the Shibuya store in Tokyu mall.. and Omotesando store which is 4 floors high and its the biggest one in tokyo which had the sophie..