LV Hotel Vancouver Manager implies I'm a liar

Status
Not open for further replies.

ptthuyen2209

Jul 16, 2020
Hi everyone,
I had a terrible experience today at LV Hotel Vancouver and would like to share it with you.
1, Why I came to the store
2 weeks ago (July 2nd), I went to this store to buy something beautiful for myself. My SA that day was Vincent, and he was wonderful. I had a great time there and bought the FLore Chain Wallet. I tried on the display and really liked it. I swept my card without checking its condition. Yesterday I took it out of the box and noticed some issues with it. Firstly, the front clasp has several hairline scratches, and it didn't have the plastic wrap. Secondly, the inside clasp (magnetic closure) looked like it has some kind of dust under, so I removed the plastic wrap (this was my huge mistake!!!) and tried to wipe it with a clean towel. However, I realized that it was a really bad scratch that I can see the silver under the gold plated. Also, there're a lot of wrinkles inside the bag. The bag also looked like it has been used for a while and started losing its shape. There was a huge gap between the claps and the inside on one side that is very unpleasant. At that moment, I thought maybe I got a defected or displayed one. I put it back in the dustbag, and intended to come to the store, asked them to take a look.
2, What happened in-store?

My online LV order arrived early, so I came to pick it up today. I brought the bag with me to discuss the issue. I didn't bring all the accessories (my bad!) cause I was at work. OH MY GOD, I HAVE NEVER EVER GOT SUCH A BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE FROM ANY STORE, EVEN WALMART! When I came in, I told the SA, who was very friendly, that I thought I got a defected bag, and I would like her to take a look. She transferred me to another SA, and that's when my nightmare began! The new SA is a blonde, white hair Caucasian girl. She asked me why I thought it was a defect, and I showed her all the issues above. She said it was just regular wear and tear (though I told her I wasn't even used it at all!), and took a new one for me to compare. OMG, that one looks totally different from my bag. It even has plastic wrap on the front clasp, which mine didn't. I put them side by side and show her the differences, especially the scratches, discoloration on the buckle, wrinkles, and the gap. She seems to be very annoying and tells me, "I didn't see any problems with it. This is normal wear and tear for canvas after a while". I stressed again that I just bought it 2 weeks ago and haven't used it at all. Even if I did use it, it shouldn't look that bad. She ROLLS HER EYES and says: "This is used and I couldn't do a refund for you. However, my manager is a leather expert, do you want to talk to her?" in an ice-cold tone. OMG, I was so pissed off. I didn't even ask for a refund/exchange or anything like that, and she acted like I was making all of it up. I waited 15 minutes for Keiko, the manager who seems very lovely and discerning at first. Keiko listened to all of my problems and asked if she could touch my purse and look. The blonde SA gave her the new one for comparison and didn't even bother to look at me. She was like, "Keiko, look at this. This girl was obviously making it up". Can you believe that??? OMG, how can LV hire such an employee???
Keiko took it to the back for 5 minutes and came back telling me that some scratches are only greasing from plastic wrap's glue, and she fixed that. However, she said that the significant scratches, the gap and wrinkles are normal, and there's nothing she could do about that. I stressed that I didn't use it, and I took the plastic wrap off because I just want to clean the dust, which turned out to be a serious scratch. Because she said those are normal, I asked for an exchange because I wasn't happy with mine, which already lost its shape and had a big scratch. I also pointed out that the wrinkles had been there since I bought it, and there wasn't any plastic wrap on the front closure. I said, "I asked for an exchange because I think it's a display one. The new one her has no wrinkle at all and mine had a lot though I haven't used it once. Even if I did use it, how can I create that many wrinkles within 2 weeks?". She said immediately: "We do sell display model sometimes, but definitely not this one." Like the blonde SA, she looked at me like I WAS LYING, and even asked Vincent, the SA sold it to me, about the bag's original condition. You know what, VINCENT CONFIRMS THAT THERE WAS NO PLASTIC WRAP FOR THE FRONT CLOSURE, AND THE WRINKLES HAS ALREADY BEEN THERE. Although he said that the scratches might be due to the magnetic closure, he also mentioned that mine was the last one available at that time and was touched by some previous customers. The manager immediately changes her attitude and says she will "love to make an exception" and get me an exchange. However, at this point, I'm so sick of the terrible service that I got. I told her I don't need an exchange anymore, I want a refund. Can you guess what? She told me this, exactly word by word: "I can take it back and give you a store credit. I'm sure there's gonna be other girls who'd love to get it. Next time, make sure you check everything before going home", and asked me to come back tmr with all the accessories to process the refund. She walked about without smiling, saying byes or anything. Excuse me, I’m paying 2000$ for a wallet, am I wrong if I expect it to be perfect without having to check?
OH MY GOD, CAN YOU BELIEVE IT? I understand that there are good SA and bad SA, but this is a LOUIS VUITTON STORE MANAGER!!! How can she be so rude like that? I feel like I'm nothing important to her, or I wasted her time. Is it because I'm Asian? Or I'm swearing a non-designer casual outfit with my old Nike shoes? I came to pick up my new bag, and now I just want to return everything and never go back to this store or buy anything from LV. I was so angry that I searched for her name online, and I found some complaints about her and the blonde SA online in this forum. However, it seems like this store's management team isn't bother with negative reviews. There are tons of 1* Google reviews, and none of them get a reply from the LV team. Can someone tell me how to file an official complaint to higher-level management, like a regional manager? I'm so f*ckinh pissed off!

Last edited:
Reactions: HavPlenty
Sorry you had such a terrible experience. Sometimes working in luxury gives these SAs a sense of entitlement to look down and judge everyone.

I know this because I worked as a Christmas casual in LV during university. It’s not right but yeah for a $2000 wallet you expect perfection.

I have encountered bad service with all races, it really is the personality of the SA, because I’ve met people of my race giving absolutely the worse service and conversely the best service.

Reactions: ptthuyen2209
Sounds bad. This is why I try to check everything 10x before buying them. While they were cleraly not nice, I doubt that this had anything to do with race. They just simply don’t like customers, in general.
Do you have pics of the wallet?

It could have been used by previous client and returned to the store, or it’s a defect to begin with. They probably were hoping they could sell this piece to a customer who wouldn’t notice it.

Once you have processed the refund, maybe you can write to Corporate about the terrible customer service you received at that store. In the future, skip this store and shop at a different LV store (if possible) maybe leave a feedback on google, yelp, etc to help fellow clients & hopefully it will get Corporate attention. Those who “assisted” you at that store clearly would need to improve their customer service skills.
Best of luck

Last edited:
When I bought my first LV it was the best experience had never spent that much on a handbag, was scared but also excited.
SA let me take my time (almost over an hour!)

Since then I've just had ok experiences.... nothing memorable. I feel rushed a lot of the time.

One SA even asked me (when I asked to see an item) if I was planning on making a purchase that day (I didnt, esp not after that).

Anyway, sorry for the bad experience. I wish I could say the in store experience shouldnt matter but it does !!! It's not everyday you are going into a boutique !

It could have been used by previous client and returned to the store, or it’s a defect to begin with. They probably were hoping they could sell this piece to a customer who wouldn’t notice it.

Once you have processed the refund, maybe you can write to Corporate about the terrible customer service you received at that store. In the future, skip this store and shop at a different LV store (if possible) maybe leave a feedback on google, yelp, etc to help fellow clients & hopefully it will get Corporate attention. Those who “assisted” you at that store clearly would need to improve their customer service skills.
Best of luck
I usually shop online and choose in-store pickup so I can check everything. However, this wallet is sold out online and only available in this store. My experience was so disappointing this time. Maybe I’ll stick to online shopping from now on. Do you know how I can contact the Corporate team?

Sounds bad. This is why I try to check everything 10x before buying them. While they were cleraly not nice, I doubt that this had anything to do with race. They just simply don’t like customers, in general.
Do you have pics of the wallet?
I just returned it today and the manager’s attitude is still the same, like she just wanted to be done with me I walked in, tried to be friendly and asked “Hi, how are you doing today?” with a smile. However, she didn’t even reply or smile back. She just said “Hi, do you bring everything today?” then went a head and refund me.
I honestly don’t know how a person like that got to be a store manager!

I'm so sorry that happened to you. I've only had great service at the Hotel Van location but I also only dealt with a limited number of staff (including Vincent, who was so lovely) and I haven't encountered your mean manager before. Maybe try your luck at the Holt Renfrew location in the future? (Annoying, since their stock is more limited, but the SAs there all seem lovely too.)

I just returned it today and the manager’s attitude is still the same, like she just wanted to be done with me I walked in, tried to be friendly and asked “Hi, how are you doing today?” with a smile. However, she didn’t even reply or smile back. She just said “Hi, do you bring everything today?” then went a head and refund me.

what an attitude! Maybe she thought for sure you wouldn’t buy from her team again so there’s no need to be friendly to you :sad: it doesn’t justify her nasty behavior though.

Idk how you can reach out to Corporate, maybe there’s a link on the website.
I’m glad you got your refund, and who knows maybe the next client getting this piece would say smthg in this group. I don’t think they would repair it.

Omg sorry to hear about that! It’s horrible customer service for sure. As I type this I’m right now standing in line to do a refund as well at the hotel Vancouver. Hoping I don’t get that treatment

This treatment is deplorable! I’ve had a less than satisfactory experience before. I would give customer service a phone call, and ask them how to submit a formal written complaint. Not sure if there’s BBB where you are, but I would also submit a complaint with them.

I've always thought LV had the worst customer service of all the luxury brands I've shopped in store.

Status
Not open for further replies.